Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 15th, 2022 22:00

Aurora R10, Blue Screen VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL

Alienware Aurora Ryzen Edition​ R10

Alienware Aurora Ryzen Edition​ R10

Keep getting blue screen crashes on Alienware Aurora Ryzen Edition​ R10 (RTX 3070, Ryzen 5800, 80GB ram).

Stop code: VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL is listed in the blue screen.

Typically happens when using Adobe Media Encoder for exports (system under stress).

Have tried everything listed in this article except reinstalling windows & using reimage to repair any corrupted files.

Ram test and Dell hardware scan all show no errors. Drivers and Windows up to date. Adobe software is genuine and up to date (2023 versions).

Anyone else having this issue? Any solutions?

12 Posts

November 30th, 2022 21:00

Hi,

Just writing to let you know that I have not had a blue screen crash since changing the Nvidia driver from the 'Studio Driver' back to the 'Game Ready Driver' - currently running Version 526.98.

Nightmare over! Hope this might help others with the same issue.

Worth noting that I experience no instability with the 80GB of ram - addresses it fine and no blue screen crashes.

RAM usage.png

6 Professor

• 

6K Posts

November 16th, 2022 03:00

Air cooled, liquid cooled? What are the GPU and CPU temperature when under stress? 80 GB of ram of 8 GB Ram?

12 Posts

November 16th, 2022 22:00

Hi, it's the air cooled version with 80GB of RAM (original 16GB plus 64GB - HyperX HX432C16FB3K2/64 Fury 64GB (2x32GB) 3200Mhz DDR4)

Cooling is standard and is unchanged from the time of purchase.

Just from Alienware Fusion and with the system under load from playing Cyberpunk (noisy fans going crazy) I can see the GPU hovers a little over 70°, max 75°. CPU peak is 95° and mostly sits at and just under 90°.

Is there an actual stress test I should do?

On a separate note, I was using the Nvidia 'Studio' driver and have changed back to the default gaming drivers with no crash in 10 hours of heavy use. Will report back if this is a fix.

Thanks for your reply

6 Professor

• 

6K Posts

November 17th, 2022 05:00

ok, so I think I see the issue here. A combination of 16 + 64 GB is not a supported RAM configuration for the R10. 

R10 supported memory configurations 

With air cooling on the CPU the system is going to stress a bit under load. For benchmarks I would suggest Prime95 and Heaven benchmark. Both are free, and 1 is for CPU stress testing and 1 for GPU stress testing. Another one you can use is Cinebench R23. Again, free to use.

12 Posts

November 19th, 2022 19:00

Thanks again for your reply.

I have not had an issue since changing the Nvidia drivers from the studio version to gaming - hope this is the only problem.

I also ran heaven benchmarks without issue - score: 2323 FPS: 92.2... I didn't run Prime 95 as windows defender stopped me from opening it. Will push through if problems come back again.

I will remove the 16GB stick of ram so the configuration is supported if issues pop up again.

Will report back to this thread with any developments, thanks for your help

No Events found!