Alienware Desktops

Last reply by 07-14-2022 Solved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Aurora R13, video stutter, audio stutter, SA?

Alienware Aurora R13

Starting experiencing this problem around a week/week and a half ago, random stutter where my audio slightly cuts out something like a buzz sound, and my monitor skips a few frames. Absolutely no idea where this problem is coming from. I've ran the tests on SA (SupportAssist), as well as have run some windows tests. Anyone have this same problem? I've read that perhaps SA itself might be a problem and I might just uninstall to see if that fixes the problem.

Solutions (2)

Accepted Solutions

I can confirm, this was also the fix for me. Reinstalled the latest win update, turned Acc. GPU Scheduling back on, and uninstalled Dell SupportAssist.

Side observation: The stutter got even worse, in duration and frequency, while running the SupportAssist's hardware tests (I thought I'd just give that a try prior to uninstalling it). The tests did not detect any malfunction.

View solution in original post

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

When this stuttering started I had  BIOS, nvidia, windows 11 and SupportAssist updates at almost the same time. So initially I had to roll back various updates to discover the culprit.

Thanks to previous posters. Uninstalling SupportAssist cures this issue.

Sort of ironic, a Dell product meant to make your life easier makes things worse.

View solution in original post

Replies (28)
3 Argentum

I've noticed this too in the last couple of weeks or so. Update related?

It's not terrible, but it's not right either.

Aurora R13 (Windows 11 Pro, i9-12900KF, Nvidia RTX 3090, 64GB RAM, 2TB SSD)
Area-51 R5 (Windows 10 Pro, i9-7980XE, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 x2, 64GB RAM, 500GB SSD, 4TB HDD)

3 Argentum

Looks like Jonny has got this one worked out in his thread about Windows update KB5014668.

Aurora R13 (Windows 11 Pro, i9-12900KF, Nvidia RTX 3090, 64GB RAM, 2TB SSD)
Area-51 R5 (Windows 10 Pro, i9-7980XE, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 x2, 64GB RAM, 500GB SSD, 4TB HDD)

3 Argentum

Same here, but only with Netflix for about 4 weeks, and after a windows update to 22H2 version 22621.160 i need to restart Netflix or go from full screen to windowed and back, pretty weird.

I think its a preview build here from Windows insiders, in my case,but indeed, since the last update from supportassist the hardware check is take a long time, around the 24 minutes, XD 

It wasn't that slow before, i bring this up in Windows Insider but it seems that the last workaround is not the issue, so it might come from a update from here

I use a I7 12700KF with a standard RTX3080, 32GB Ram, but that seems not the problem

For me, it is anywhere, I could be in chrome, in game, and I will still get these random stutters, I have the same specs, I7 12700KF, RTX3080, 32GB RAM. It's just getting to the point of where it's getting annoying. I hope it resolves itself or hopefully there being a solution soon.

@Releska 

@EdCo64 

@RTID75 

windows june 2022 updates

June 14 2022 KB5014699

After installing KB5014699 I was having problems where network connections were getting reset every 5 minutes.
This includes RDP sessions, SMB sessions, and a session between the bridge and an IoT device disabled the Network Bridge, with the IoT device, the problem goes away,” “Enabling Internet Connection Sharing breaks the ability to access the web on the computer sharing the connection. Even sites running on localhost spin forever and time out. Enabling ICS also destroys the ability to RDP to computers connected to the network adapter that the Internet  connection is shared with. Notably, I can still connect to port 3389 via telnet on the computer sharing the connection, but the RDP client just spins forever “Configuring remote session the bug also broke RDP.

IMPORTANT If you install Windows updates using offline OS image servicing and have not installed updates dated March 22, 2022 or later, you must install the servicing stack update (KB5014032) before installing this update. 

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB5014032

6/2/22
REMINDER Windows 10, version 20H2 reached end of service on May 10, 2022, for devices running the Home, Pro, Pro Education, and Pro for Workstations editions. After May 10, 2022, these devices will no longer receive monthly security and quality updates that contain protection from the latest security threats. To continue receiving security and quality updates, Microsoft recommends updating to the latest version of Windows 10 or Windows 11.

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues
here

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating
Contact USA Technical Support

Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

Diagnostics & Tools

3 Argentum

I never installed a 5014699...my last quality update was 14770, and i have 6 previous left, but not that KB 5014699 and 5 previews from 22593.1 till 22621.1, i checked my network and there is no problem here

3 Argentum

It's certainly related to windows 11 updates

I'm happy that its likely related to windows 11 and not my hardware, I was a bit worried that I had something faulty. Again, I just hope that this is resolved soon since dealing with this is annoying after a while of it happening.

I rolled back one windows build and thankfully it sorted it for me. I've spent the last week trying everything I could except reinstalling windows and a the roll back, absolute pain, hope you get it sorted. AMD on windows 11 had this pretty bad.

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor