Alienware General - Read Only

Last reply by 01-11-2018 Unsolved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

upgrade x51 r2 or rebuild completely?

so i need new graphix as the 645 aint gonna work for games comming out after summer, my hdd crashed a month after the one year warranty was up, the memory always played up and i need new ones of that..

and when i decided to updgrade i get to know i cant do as i want as i only got 240 psu... 

so the choice is, go for okeyish grapfix new hdd and ram,

or buy new chassi, graphix, memory, ssd hdd, motherboard and cpu fan.. i want to keep the cpu atleast as its a really nice one... 

my budget is around £250 and im not sure a new computer is possible on that price? 

if so what can i do with the current parts i got and is it even possible to keep the cpu and put it in an other motherboard?

Replies (2)

Hi,

The NVidia GeForce GTX 960 is the highest NVidia GPU upgrade that we can support for the Alienware X51 R2. We recommend using a 330W PSU with the GTX 960, we do support a 330W PSU for this system. We only support the stock motherboard that came with the system.

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Rodrigo
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor