Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 5th, 2021 14:00

Thinking of buying refurbished at dell outlet? What you might expect

"Some people never learn". Uh, that would be me. After so many defective x15s (love the laptop design) I decided to give it one more chance with a refurbished unit. What could possibly go wrong? It's been checked out to be in tip top shape. I pulled the trigger and here is what I got.

- box with laptop inside. no packaging just some saranwrap holding it in

- A musty smell like it had been in the warehouse for months.

- The power supply was not the slim power supply. Some huge 8x4 older alienware 240w power adapter.

- no usbc to ethernet adapter which comes with a new unit.

- the keyboard had wear like it was a couple of years old. Weird; keys were very dull with shiny worn areas of use.

The laptop runs just fine, but I feel kinda ripped off. I believe there is some fine print online that says parts may be replaced, and there is a sticker on the bottom that says so. However, I think anyone would expect to get the original power adapter and dongle at least. Can't explain the apparently worn keyboard.

It was heavily discounted, so if I could get support to send me the original power adapter and dongle I might keep it. Still thinking it over. this post is mostly a heads up to set expectatons.

Disappointedly,

Randy

• 

25K Posts

December 5th, 2021 22:00

Thank you for the pictures. The smac support email is for sharing images only. Our mode of communication is only through messaging. Please allow me some time while I check the pictures. Update = After verifying ownership and completing troubleshooting, a DELL agent setup service.

24 Posts

December 5th, 2021 22:00

Here are photos of the huge power supply and keyboard/palmrest. I wiped/cleaned the keyboard with a soft cloth, so all the marks and smudges are permanent. Does this look like a "refurbished" 3 month old keyboard?

20211205_220124.jpg20211205_220318.jpg20211205_220358.jpg

No Events found!