Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

15 Posts

March 2nd, 2022 15:00

New laptop question

Hi guys, I’m not much of a gamer but started playing AOE2 the past couple of months (I used to playback in high school and ya boi is back into it much like many of y’all).

I have a laptop and would like to get a new one for my personal use (Netflix, YouTube, sports, Reddit, etc) as well as some casual gaming primarily AOE2 and maybe league of legends (my friends really want me to play lol).

I’m considering the newest Microsoft Surface tablet. Do you guys have any suggestions or recommendations?

Sorry if this isn’t the right sub to ask this question…

7 Technologist

• 

12K Posts

August 29th, 2022 19:00

Happy to help out!

7 Technologist

• 

12K Posts

March 2nd, 2022 15:00

For the MS question, I would suggest that this forum may be a better place to ask. If you want a Dell alternative then possibly an XPS would be a model you might look into.

15 Posts

March 2nd, 2022 16:00

I’m considering the newest Microsoft Surface tablet. Do you guys have any suggestions or recommendations?

15 Posts

August 29th, 2022 17:00

@JOcean thank you so much for your suggestion and response

15 Posts

September 1st, 2022 14:00

@JOcean

got my solution. thank you

7 Technologist

• 

12K Posts

September 1st, 2022 14:00

Happy to help out!

1 Message

September 17th, 2022 03:00

@headgreen

Hi, thanks for guideline and it also solve my issue about buying new laptop.

5 Posts

July 31st, 2023 12:00

@headgreen wrote:

Hi guys, I’m not much of a gamer but started playing AOE2 the past couple of months (I used to playback in high school and ya boi is back into it much like many of y’all).

I have a laptop and would like to get a new one for my personal use (Netflix, YouTube, sports, Reddit, etc) as well as some casual gaming primarily AOE2 and maybe league of legends (my friends really want me to play lol).

Sorry if this isn’t the right sub to ask this question…

Hey there! Considering your casual gaming and general personal needs, the newest Microsoft Surface tablet could be a good option. The Surface Pro series is known for its versatility, portability, and sleek design. It should smoothly handle tasks like Netflix, YouTube, sports, and Reddit. For games like AOE2 and League of Legends, the Surface Pro, with a decent processor and sufficient RAM, should be able to handle them at lower to moderate settings. Just check the specifications of the specific model you're interested in to ensure it meets your requirements. If you're open to other options, you could also explore some lightweight gaming laptops with dedicated graphics cards for better gaming performance. Hope this helps, and happy gaming!

No Events found!