Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 9th, 2022 11:00

Buy a laptop as tourist (without USA address)

Hi,

I live in Europe and I will be traveling this month to Las Vegas, Nevada. I am thinking to buy a laptop as I have seen some very good discounts on Dell website these days (Black Friday sales).
Apparently Dell does not ship to a hotel address. What can I do? Can I ship it to a Post Office or Dell Hub Locker (if exists) in Las Vegas?

Thanks.

Best regards.

10 Elder

• 

23.1K Posts

November 10th, 2022 03:00

There are a number of reasons why you might not want to do this.  First, systems purchased with a standard warranty are covered only in the US -- unless you upgrade to onsite service at extra cost, you cannot transfer the warranty internationally.  And depending on where in Europe you'll be using the system, the warranty may not be transferrable at all unless the same model system is sold there AND Dell has corporate support (in much of Eastern Europe, all sales are through dealers, which may be reluctant to support systems they did not sell).

You cannot order a system using a non-US credit card for shipment to the US.

Assuming what you purchase meets the qualifications for international transfer of the warranty, you may be better off making a retail purchase in the US than in trying to order internationally from Dell -- the latter option will almost certainly fail.

2 Posts

November 14th, 2022 01:00

You cannot order a system using a non-US credit card for shipment to the US.
-
this answers to my question

Offtopic: In my country (Eastern Europe) market is small and prices are huge. Buying from another EU country is not an option as everyone has its own keyboard layout (not QWERTY). UK layout is ok, similar to US, but UK is out of EU, buying from there means paying custom duties.

10 Elder

• 

23.1K Posts

November 14th, 2022 04:00

See above;  unless you're willing to accept the risk of  buying a system that has limited or no support in your home country (or are in a position to return to the country of purchase for service/repair), think carefully about importing a system yourself.

No Events found!