Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 30th, 2022 05:00

How to claim compensation from Dell?

I originally purchased Alienware x15 R1 11 months ago in December 2021. I have been using it until September this year, and there have been four failures in one month. Every time I have experienced door-to-door maintenance which is very important for my daily life. The use of work and life has caused great trouble. I can't work normally during this time, and all the time I spend is waiting for maintenance. My request for a return refund was denied and Dell gave me a exchange. Dell did not extend the warranty for my laptop. My laptop failed during the warranty period. If this is the case, it should extend the warranty for me, because this is in faulty under warranty, but they didn't do anything. I waited for more than half a month to receive a new laptop, but just yesterday the "brand new" laptop has only been used for a week, a whole week! Won't work because of a glitch, I can't take it anymore, I just want my money back. This is a complete waste of my time and experience, I've been completely disappointed with Dell products. If this time I can't return the product for a refund yet. I'm ready to contact my. I will also contact the agency to complain about their products. If I can't return the product for a refund this time, I will definitely appeal to ensure my compensation. I will not this time will compromise again.

10 Elder

• 

23K Posts

November 30th, 2022 17:00

Unless you purchased a warranty extension, the warranty on a replacement system will be 90 days or the remainder of the original warranty, whichever is longer.  If it's only been two weeks, there is a remaining warranty.  You need to call and work with support.  If they deem  a hardware failure, they'll repair the system under warranty.

If you don't want to be without a warranty, call and purchase an extension now.

You're not entitled to and will not receive a refund of a system that's almost a year old.

No Events found!