Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

4 Posts

January 23rd, 2022 11:00

Security against fraud

hello everyone, and greetings, this is my first post, this is my experience and I need someone to confirm if there is something in it, I entered my dell account, and I decided to chat with a sales representative, and this person did the I arranged for a discount on the laptop I wanted, but it sent me some popups asking for my dell financial service account information, my email, my phone and other sensitive information, in the end I offered it, and well including my credit card information credit since I made a split payment, when I checked the status of my order it said it was on hold, and I started chatting with another person from sales, and that person confirmed that I needed to call the verification department and gave me this number 8443709731, call and the person tells me that the order is indeed on hold and that he needs to verify my account, that he was going to receive a code on the phone and that he had to give it to him for verification, the code that I received was literally an authorization for someone log into my dell financial service account, and the message literally said YOUR DFS SECURITY CODE IS 0000 IF U DIDNT PLACE AN APPLICATION/ORDER WITH DELL PLEASE CALL 1855-467-8291, and that number is marked as spam on my phone, now my The next question is, why all this process and why I have this problem, and the person tells me that it is to avoid identity fraud, how does everything work, have I been a victim of fraud? is my information compromised? because dell has so many strange ways of proceeding with the information of the clients, greetings and I hope someone can help me explaining this situation, and verifying if those numbers are real numbers of the company

6 Professor

• 

6.1K Posts

January 23rd, 2022 12:00

Hi @THeGreen weenie Dell is in the very top list of fraudsters because its PCs are very expensive. Dell order processing is not convoluted, please click on @DELL-Cares and send Private Message and ask for investigation that you are not being tricked. Dell does not take any money until PC delivered to you. Never give anybody authorization to log into your private Dell Financial Service (DFS) account. 

January 23rd, 2022 11:00

happen similar to me, same number and have to gave a code i received on my phone, basically i gave accest to my dell financial account

6 Professor

• 

6.1K Posts

January 23rd, 2022 13:00

Hi @DELL-Chris M please rename this thread to "Security against fraud" or similar. Thanks. 

January 29th, 2022 06:00

So I am not a social media or forums guy, but due to the lack of custumer service I guess I have to come here and ask. I received more answers and help here than by the Dell page, they don't even have a number, always refer me to a Frequent Asked Questions. First than all, thanks for all answers I got here from Dell and from other users. Thanks for real. My issue now is I made my purchase on the 23rd, paid express delivery to get is ASAP. And was not even out when I chat with custumer service on the 27th. So magically after was sent to FedEX. When I check the dates changed?I called FedEX and they tell me literally, "the sender request express delivery but you gonna get it on Monday because they didn't specify for you to get it on weekend.". Bro, I'm like, for what I paid for then? The 31st was my original delivery date. I feel like Dell took my money, do whatever they want to, order delayed, shipping date late even when I paid express delivery. This is not the company I remember. This is last purchase. I quit being a Dell customer. I'm very dissapointed.

January 29th, 2022 07:00

i know Express delivery is not on weekends, but question is why it take so long to send the order, why after i payed for the service, i still gonna get it LATE, like if i never payed for express, im very dissapointed, was a reason behind the hurry, thats why i payed for get it fast, but .....nevermind...Dell just lost 5 customers with this, my family and myself after years, gonnamove to another brand ....good day yall

No Events found!