Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 24th, 2022 08:00

DATA DOMAIN STORAGE UNIT AND

A backup administrateur was tasked with adding a newly deployed PowerProtech DD to a newly deployed 3nd party backup program. The newly deployed 3nd party backup program is configured to best practices.
The administrator was instructed to label any newly configured items as ddboost_su and to utilize the defaut settings. The admin has verified that a ddboost user labled as ddboost_user has been created and all IP network connections have been configured proprely.
Use the simulator to adjust the PowerPROTECT DD appliance for the 3nd party backup program to be able to connect proprely.

May 27th, 2022 01:00

And as last step one would have to create a mtree/storageunit (SU) via DD CLI and have the boost user assigned to said SU, to be able to access it. For Dell Networker Networker this is not required to perform on the DD as the required SU can be created from NW end using the boost user credentials.

# ddboost storage-unit create user

As stated for example on https://www.netbackupcli.com/ddboostnetbackup

May 24th, 2022 14:00

Is that even a question that anyone not using said simulator could answer? Or are you just summing up the question from a certification/course you are doing?

11 Posts

May 25th, 2022 01:00

Hello barry_beckers,
I'm asking my friends or on the internet to deploy simulations because I'm preparing an exam.
I just wanted to have your idea on the question and especially the last sentence ''adjust the PowerPROTECT DD appliance for the 3rd party backup program to be able to connect proprely"

how to do in a data domain so that the 3rd party backup program can connect cleanly. I didn't understand this sentence.

In the question the administrator confirms to have checked the all IP network connections have been configured proprely and the creation of ddboost_user but not ddboost_su.
I thought, the only thing to do on this question is to create a storage unit ddboost_su.

2.4K Posts

May 26th, 2022 02:00

What yo must do in general is

1. Prepare the storage (add the disk(s))

2. Create the filesystem

3. Add the user

4. Enable the DDBoost Protocol (disabled by default)

5. Add the user in the configuration for the protocol

11 Posts

June 1st, 2022 08:00

How i Flash LED disk Data Domain

June 6th, 2022 07:00

for proper attention,might be better to create a new post instead of asking something not directly related to the original post.

You might be looking for the "disk beacon" command. Either can specify the slot/drive (x.y) or the serial number, might be depending however on hardware and DDOS version if the command is available.

You might wanna actually also read through the actual DD documentation? At least assuming you have a support contract, to be able to get all manuals and access the Dell Knowledge-base?

11 Posts

June 22nd, 2022 04:00

I have a problem with my IDPA 4400.
I need some help.
It refuses to start.
It shows me the following error message:

Media test failure, check cable
Exiting Intel Boot Agent

Booting from hard drive c:
Current boot mode is set to BIOS
Please ensure comptable bootable media is available

2.4K Posts

June 22nd, 2022 05:00

I think that nobody will really be able to help here as this is a very specific appliance.

It hosts a DD internally (and other solutions, like Avamar) but most likely nobody in this forum does know the internals - how the whole solution works.

From the error message I think that it is unable to boot from C: (which points to Windows OS, which is a bit unusual) but I do not know how exactly to overcome that problem. My guess is that you do not even have a boot media as this machine comes as a ready-to-run piece of hardware.

I am afraid that you need to get support involved now.

11 Posts

June 22nd, 2022 05:00

Indeed, few people know about this application.
There are many services embedded in this appliance.
It says that it doesn't see the C drive when it's actually green. It does not show any error message.

I am really lost

No Events found!