Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

February 17th, 2018 16:00

.sql database file protection from user outside of the application access

Using SBS 2011 on a PE T410, is it possible for admin to allow read write access to a .sql database file, by way of an application, but not allow the file to be opened, copied or deleted by a user of the application (out side of the application)?

Pro Support says this is engineer stuff! because the server is out of dated support! 

The vertical package application requires read - write access to the .sql database file, to use data in the application.

I think it is necessary to prevent an user from being able to copy or delete the .sql database file in the windows directory!
It is OK for user to use the application to read and write to the database, but not given any rights to access in the windows directory.

I hope my question makes sense!

Thanks for your help!!

February 28th, 2022 20:00

Thank you so much. I found the solution of my problem from your mentioned link. I was unable to fix the issue. But after 3 hours of research, I found your source link and it fixed my issue within an hour.

1 Message

March 26th, 2022 00:00

Thank you so much for sharing this link. As it is properly guidance even a techy person can understand it. I was not able to fix the issue since January. But after reading the detailed guidance it worked for me and now I can fix any type issue if created.

No Events found!