Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

March 5th, 2014 14:00

( Redirected) OptiPlex 3020 Windows 7 Professional (64Bit Windows 8 License, Media) no CD

Have ordered OptiPlex 3020 Minitower BTX Base and wondering few things.

I only get media for Windows 8 and no license number.

Any idea how i reinstall Windows 7 without the CD?

March 5th, 2014 15:00

But there is no serial number and when I export using any tools it does not work. Is there any way to get dell media to do this?

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

March 5th, 2014 15:00

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

March 5th, 2014 18:00

If you are using a Digital River .iso for downgrade rights you can use the Activation and Backup Recovery program with Dell files:

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/download-microsoft-windows-and-office/download-microsoft-windows/windows-7-sp1-iso-download/

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/a-clean-install-of-windows-7/microsoft-product-activation/the-activation-backup-and-recovery-program-windows-7-version/

This will work in systems valid for downgrade rights and is the same activation mechanism as the Dell Reinstallation DVD.

2 Posts

November 18th, 2015 03:00

Dell has pulled all of the Windows 7 install discs from download. Just bought a new OptiPlex 3020 with Windows 7 Professional, x64, the OS is corrupt. Explorer crashes, IE crashes, cannot use or create restore point, SFC fails to complete. Clearly, this Windows 7 OS is corrupt. Cannot fix it w/out the Dell Windows install disc, PC came with a Windows 8.1 disc because Windows 7 is considered "a downgrade". I am not paying $600 for a broken brand new computer so Dell is overnighting the Windows 7 Pro x64 install disc. Makes no sense to sell an expensive computer and then make the customer request the correct disc to repair what should not be broken to begin with. Who's bright idea over at Dell was this anyway? Call them and make then send the correct disc! 1-800-624-9896

No Events found!