Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 16th, 2013 06:00

PS6100XS Win2008 MPIO No active sessions after Reboot.

Hi everybody,

we have two Win2008 Server connected to the PS6100XS. After configuring the MPIO settings all was perfect. Now after a Weekly restart both machines have only one connection in the EQL Headquaters and the MPIO sessions on the machines show "There are no active sessions on this adapter."

Both machines were up and running minimum one week with 8 connections.

THX for Help

Marcus

2 Posts

we have done that yesterday and it is still the same. We also have a win2003 Machine that runns perfect with 8 connections. On the win2008 Server's we use HIT 4.5 and on the win2003 Server we use Hit 3.x. Both have the same configuration.

7 Technologist

• 

729 Posts

It’s possible that you didn’t select to use MPIO on the connections.  Disconnect (logged off) of the volume that was having the problem, clear the persistent connections, and bindings, and then recreate the connection in the MS initiator, configure persistent connection, mpio and bindings.

Also, if using the EQL DSM (HIT/ME), ensure you have excluded all the subnets except for the iSCSI subnet in the Remote Setup Wizard/MPIO settings.

Lastly, ensure that the Microsoft MPIO is running.

-joe

1 Message

April 3rd, 2013 15:00

I found this while looking to resolve a similar problem. I assume you've fixed this since it's been a few months but I'll post mine fix for future reference.

The resolution for me was to force the iSCSI NIC speed rather than have it auto negotiate.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 3rd, 2013 17:00

Be careful forcing the NIC speed.  I have see that cause problems with flowcontrol negotation.  

No Events found!