Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S2

1 Message

September 28th, 2022 16:00

Automatic repair couldn’t repair your pc

The Inspiron 3793 has been a problem since day one.  Recently, it was fine one moment and now will not boot up.  I have run all the suggested diagnostics and all come up fine.  Then it says “Automatic repair couldn’t repair your pc’.  What are the next steps to solve this problem?

10 Elder

• 

23.1K Posts

September 28th, 2022 17:00

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

September 28th, 2022 23:00

Let me help you to fix the issue.

As you said the system automatically boot to safe mode. Let’s check in msconfig if the safe mode option is enable.

1. Press Windows key + R, type msconfig and press Enter.
2. Click on Boot tab on the Window, uncheck from Safe mode, and click on Apply/Ok.
For the issue start-up repair, let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps. Follow the below methods.

Method 1.
Disconnect all the external devices (printers, scanner, USB drives, etc...) Except mouse and the keyboard and then boot up. If this corrects the issue then add the devices back one at a time until you discover the piece of hardware causing the issue. Then get any updated drivers/software for the device.

Method 2.
If that does not helps, I recommend you to perform startup repair using Media creation tool. Download and create Windows 10 ISO.

Once you complete creating media. Insert the Windows installation DVD in the DVD ROM and restart your computer.

1. After you boot the computer using Windows DVD, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.
2. Select the correct time and Keyboard type.
3. Click on Repair your computer in the lower left corner.
4. Select Troubleshoot from Choose an option screen.
5. Click Advanced options in Troubleshoot screen.
6. Click Startup Repair from Advanced Options screen.
7. Next, choose the operating system by clicking on its button.
8. Windows will look for problems on hard drives and verify that all required files are intact.
Hope this helps. Let us know the result for further assistance.

No Events found!