Start a Conversation

Unsolved

F

1 Message

October 31st, 2019 10:00

Black screen inspiron 13 7370

I've the following problem:

After hibernation and lately also off when i press the power button, the backlit keyboard is on, the fan works but the screen is black. 

I have to press and hold again the power to turn off and repeat several times the same procedure. 

Someone with the same problem has a solution? 

sorry for my English

October 31st, 2019 15:00

Fabiucc74, 

Hi there! I've replied to your private message. 

Dell-RonnieR

5 Posts

November 28th, 2019 22:00

Hello I have had the same problem. Could someone contact me with the solution? I have tried all type of updates and diagnosis. 

Apparently this problem is a factory problem for this model as no one has posted a solution and many posts and threads have been written about it. How is that possible from DELL?

5 Posts

December 1st, 2019 15:00

Can I have an answer? 

7 Posts

January 8th, 2020 01:00

Could you please let me know which solution has been provided by Dell ?

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

January 8th, 2020 04:00

Try this:

• 1) When you switch ON your computer, start tapping the "F8" key to get "Windows Advanced Options" (if boot menu appears, press "Esc" key and keep tapping the F8 key)
  • 2) Select the option "Last Known Good Configuration". If the problem still exists then follow the step 1 and this time select the option "Safe Mode". Check if you are able to boot into Safe Mode.

7 Posts

January 8th, 2020 13:00

I am unable to enter Windows Safe Mode options because of BitLocker.

Then, what would be the next step, see if Shutdown/Restart operates properly every time I am in safe mode? Let's say yes, and from there what can we do?

23 Posts

January 8th, 2020 19:00

Hello - 

Many of us are in the same situation.

I have posted a number of times on these forums regarding this issue - but as of now have never received a solution. I am currently 'private messaging' with support - they have been giving me different configuration changes to try and so far nothing has helped.

I have a little over 1 month on my warranty, so I would love for Dell to either find a solution or offer a repair or offer an exchange or something, as this machine is completely untrustworthy as it is. I am a software developer and cannot risk walking away from this machine with a project open and come back to a machine that forces me to shut it down and restart it to get back to my work.

February 8th, 2020 15:00

My experience is the following.

I have the Dell Inspiron 13 7373

The same issue as described multiple times from other owners.

The screen goes black if the laptop is left unattended but the keyboard remains lit. When this happens there is no way of turning on the screen (with the mouse or trackpad) and the only way to recover the laptop is to force shut down by long pressing the power button for a few seconds.

My laptop was out of warranty (more than 1 year but less than the 2 year statutory warranty) but I managed to get Dell to accept it for a repair as it was sold by Dell.co.uk

I explained in detail what the problem was to the phone agent and I have also printed a summary of the problem and affixed it on the laptop itself before sending it off for the repair engineers to see.

The laptop came back to me a few days ago from the repair centre with a brand new battery replacement because it would not charge, a fixed broken cover (small chipped off piece) replacement and a proactive ac adaptor replacement. Apparently they run their Dell diagnostics which showed them the battery issue (which I had also discovered) and they thought they'd just fix these non-issues! They even described these as "cosmetic damage not influencing on the functionality of the device". They completely dismissed the real reason the laptop was sent to them.

I did not ask for any of these cosmetic fixes. All I asked was for the actual problem to be looked at and rectified.

Now the laptop keeps doing the same thing and I do not know what to do.

I have re-installed windows without any Dell software - still the same issue.

I have re-installed windows via the dell recovery USB tool - still the same issue.

I don't know what to do. So many of us are facing this issue!

1 Message

May 23rd, 2020 20:00

Were you ever able to get this resolved? I see a lot of posts for the same issue and statements that there were no resolutions for this. Is this hardware defective? Any information would be great appreciated.

Thanks.

23 Posts

May 25th, 2020 08:00

Nope. I have to disable sleep and 'turn screen off' settings and just keep it plugged in all the time. 

272 Posts

May 25th, 2020 08:00

I have faced this problem several times. There is no solution as of now.

We would have to wait until the product is been retired. It has already been retired, I guess.

We will have to live this problem with this PC.

1 Message

June 10th, 2020 06:00

I've had the same problem! I have sent in my computer 2 times to get "fixed" for $350 and $56 delivery fee. Both times I got a letter back saying it was "fixed," to which it is not. 

I HIGHLY suggest that you DO NOT spend the money to get it fixed. You'll have to spend HOURS on the phone with someone from India (I have spent 6 hours in one sitting while they try to trouble shoot). I have asked for my problem to be elevated to someone in the USA, and they can't seem to do that. 

My next step is to get ahold of corporate, post on youtube, facebook, IG and see if someone. . . anyone. . . is actually willing to help. At this point I simply want my money back so I can buy another system, or have Dell just sent me a new Inspirion 13 7000 2 and 1 that works. 

This has happened during the middle of COVID when I needed my computer the most. 

11 Posts

June 14th, 2021 18:00

Inspiron 13 7370 - Screen won't turn on

I have the same problem the notebook turns on but there is no video I ve updated the BIOS to the latest version available on Dell's website version 1.18.1 of the day 07-05-2021, I have already changed the SSD and the problem continues.

Simply, the screen does not turn on I have to turn the notebook on and off several times so that it works again it is absurd for Dell not to recall and admit such a serious error in a machine that is not cheap.

I need a solution !!!!!!

2 Posts

June 14th, 2021 18:00

My computer seems to be stuck on prepare automatic repair, BitLocker, diagnose my pc then starts over. How do I fix this so I can use my laptop. It won’t do anything when I click repair.

11 Posts

August 18th, 2021 17:00

Inspiron 13 7370 - Screen won't turn on

I have the same problem the notebook turns on but there is no video I ve updated the BIOS to the latest version available on Dell's website version 1.19.0 of the day 08-18-2021, I have already changed the SSD and the problem continues.

Simply, the screen does not turn on I have to turn the notebook on and off several times so that it works again it is absurd for Dell not to recall and admit such a serious error in a machine that is not cheap.

I need a solution !!!!!!

No Events found!