Inspiron

Stelle eine Frage
Bronze
Bronze

Cannot boot anymore on Dell Inspiron 7706 2-in-1 after Update from Windows 10 to Windows 11

Hello

My Dell Inspiron 7706 2-in-1 suggested to update to Win 11 yesterday. I did so. After the installation process, the system does not boot anymore. It shows the Dell logo and then the waiting logo keeps spinning forever. I had about 3 hours of chat with a Dell supporter via WhatsApp. After a lot of hints and ideas which I followed precicely, I had to give up.

In this process I also  tried to re-install a new version of Windows 10 by creating an installation media stick. Even a completely new installation failed. The ssd cannot be detected by the installation tool. I also added drivers (according to advice from support) to the installation stick. But in vain. What can I do? Any other ideas?

Is it possible to install Windows 11 manually? But I haven't take a note from my Windows licencse number. I copied nearly everything except this licence id.

I fear I have to send in my laptop to Dell service to get it back to work again. Any idea helps.

Best regards,

Frank

Antworten (1)
Bronze
Bronze

Hi, Frank.
Were you able to boot the laptop? Would you please share what worked for you?
I have the same problem - 7706 2in1 after an attempted Win 11 upgrade - and I am experimenting with the Dell SupportAssist OS Recovery tool.
Thank you,
Hristo

Top-Beitragender
Neueste Lösungen