Start a Conversation

Unsolved

1 Message

December 5th, 2022 16:00

Cannot wake from sleep on Linux

Inspiron 7373 2-in-1

Inspiron 7373 2-in-1

Hello!

Recently installed POP OS on my Dell Inspiron 13 7373 2 in 1 and I have been having trouble waking from sleep.  When the laptop goes into sleep, the power button remains lit and nothing I do will wake the computer.  I end up having to hold down the power button to force shutdown the computer.  This happens regardless of whether I close the lid, let it fall asleep, or command the computer to go into suspend or hibernate.  I read the Dell Support article to update the BIOS and chip set.  The BIOS is updated to the most recent (1.25) and the chipset driver... I don't think that is pertinent as far as I know for Linux??  The setting to disable "block S3" is not an option in the BIOS setup on laptops.

Are there any solutions for Linux or POP OS to fix this problem?  The only thing I can think of is to install Tweaks and have the laptop not go into suspend when the lid is closed but I fear this will unnecessarily waste my battery.

When Windows was installed on this laptop, I was able to modify the registry to at least get the laptop to go into sleep when the lid was closed but there was still an issue with it not waking from sleep when the laptop lid was left open.  I was wondering if there was a solution like this for Linux.

Thank you.

No Responses!
No Events found!