Start a Conversation

Unsolved

Closed

M

3 Posts

November 26th, 2022 12:00

Dell Inspiron 14 5425 and it's Wi-Fi card

I have the Ryzen variant and it comes with the MediaTek Wi-Fi card which honestly makes me annoyed with the Wi-Fi connections getting disconnected all the time. I'm done with this unstable Wi-Fi connectivity issues. I checked the user manual and it mentioned that there are a few Wi-Fi cards I can upgrade one of which is Qualcomm wcn6856-dbs card but I can't seem to find it anywhere to buy. Can someone help me suggest a resolution around this?

7 Technologist

• 

12K Posts

November 26th, 2022 13:00

The other available card for the 5425 was the Realtek RTL8821CE available here at Parts-People. 

November 26th, 2022 13:00

I know about the Realtek card but it seems like a downgrade rather than an upgrade if I could get the Qualcomm card somehow that would be perfect.

7 Technologist

• 

12K Posts

November 26th, 2022 14:00

Then as an alternative to the card you have now this Intel card at Amazon should be a fit as I believe the slot in your 5425 is M.2.

August 13th, 2023 03:54

The MediaTek Wi-Fi 6 MT7921 Wireless LAN Card and driver have an energy conserving feature that turns off the WiFi transmitter when not needed. That's why you see the WiFi signal/symbol diminish. The feature was developed for Windows 10 message "packets". Windows 11 may use the message "packets" differently/for other purposes. The work-around is to disable the "Wake on Magic Packet" energy saving feature.
Device Manager/Network Adapters/MediaTek Wi-Fi 6 MT7921 Wireless LAN Card properties/advanced/Wake on Magic Packet: set to "disable".

Sorry that we've been inconvenienced so long ... Hope this helps!
No Events found!