Unsolved

Closed

E

3 Posts

July 14th, 2022 15:00

G15 5515, F9 Game Shift does not work

Dell G15 5515 Ryzen Edition

Dell G15 5515 Ryzen Edition

After a windows 11 update and an update to Alienware command center in May or so, my game shift has stopped working entirely. I decided to uninstall Alienware Command Center entirely according to the Dell guide, along with OC Controls application. I reinstalled it and it did nothing. I tried the package manager, I tried repairing the app. I tried updating it from Microsoft Store.

Literally nothing I have tried seems to have worked. I can no longer do a system restore and cannot use game shift. It simply does not turn on. The icon does not show up on the command center at all and the temperature limit does not increase.

Apart from that, my power management is broken as well. The moment I click on the "New Profile" button, the app crashes immediately.

Would love to get some good guidance on this as game shift would help me a lot. Thank you.

1 Message

December 15th, 2022 05:00

Hey there,

I faced the same issue, all i had to do was reset the app from windows settings and it started working again.This is how i did it -> press win+i click on apps, then select the alienware command centre. Click on advanced options, scroll down and hit the reset button..

Hope it helped you :D..

1 Message

July 14th, 2022 23:00

Yes, Same issue. Since i have updated to Windows 11.
Tried so many things, nothing works.

2 Posts

July 22nd, 2022 13:00

Same exact problem with my G7... I've been trying to find a solution all over the internet. Game-shift option no longer available on Alienware, and therefore the G-Shift button, and the coinciding fn+G command do not work.

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

August 5th, 2022 00:00

You have Game Shift feature even without G-key on F9! In order to work you have to install first Alienware Command Center Application and then Alienware OC Controls Application. Pressing F9 or FN+F9, depending on your BIOS settings, will launch G-mode!

3 Posts

August 12th, 2022 12:00

It's a software issue. The laptop simply does not go into Game Shift no matter what method I use to do so.

August 13th, 2022 20:00

I also have this problem on a G15 5515 that is brand new. I thought it was because I was on battery power at first, but even after plugging in my charger nothing changed. 

1 Message

September 13th, 2022 00:00

i had this issue. I opened the alienware command center, then settings, then profiles, then turned OFF the auto profile. Game shift has worked fine since

October 6th, 2022 19:00

I had this problem on my brand new laptop. Found out what the issue is. Hit the windows key and type in setting. Go to gaming. Go to game mode. Turn off game mode which is on by default.

It appears game mode will block certain background tasks to prevent lag or things of that nature but my guess is that it is also blocking the alien command center which isn't allowing you to hit G button to turn on high performance mode. Stupid little bug but I realized this once I went into the Alien Command Center and then hit G mode it would work but it had to be open...not very convenient. With game mode turned off it works just fine. Hope that helps.

1 Message

December 22nd, 2022 10:00

This is the only answer that worked for me! I clicked the Repair button in the same settings worked.

December 23rd, 2022 04:00

did you ever find a solution to this? i have this problem too

1 Message

December 26th, 2022 01:00

did you try reseting your laptop like only files and apps reset that workrd for me. my lap is win11 after resetting and installing g button is working now

January 25th, 2023 23:00

Checked this also not working

2 Posts

September 6th, 2023 01:04

i also need help, one day it asked for a firmware update and i updated it but it kept asking me to update it so idk, i uninstalled it and did everything possible, pls help i dont want to reset my pc btw. (dell g5 15 5500)

No Events found!