Start a Conversation

Unsolved

AA

2 Posts

September 28th, 2022 12:00

G15 5520 Backlight Effects and Colors

I am the proud new owner of a Dell G15 5520, but ican't help but wonder.. 

why won't the fn+f5 (backlight) and fn+f(9) do anything .. all the other f1-12 keys are working fine except theese two.

and also how do i change the color of my backlit keyboard ? .. it changes color on boot  but once windows opens it is stuck on turquoise, i tried the alienware command center app but it does not support this particular device.

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

September 28th, 2022 23:00

You'd need to check and see whether a keyboard with a different backlight color was offered on your model system -- but note: the keyboard on this model is fused to the palmrest, so the entire palmrest assembly needs to be replaced.

Even if you can find an assembly with a different color backlight, carefully examine the service manual - the way this system is engineered, literally everything inside (system board and all other components) must be removed to change the keyboard.

September 29th, 2022 05:00

so just to make sure i understand you.. the f5 and f9 function keys are not defected .. this is just how this particular model is manifactured .. and i have to replace to get a different backlight color.. did i get that right ?

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

February 15th, 2024 11:40

Hi there, yes I'm having the same problem with the backlit keyboard lighting. Its stuck on orange. I cannot toggle through the other colours using the Fn + C keys. Nothing happens. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks Erwin

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

April 7th, 2024 11:14

dell G15 5520 Because he only has one color

No Events found!