Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 28th, 2022 06:00

How to get back preinstalled applications?

So previously I upgraded my Inspiron 14-3467 with an SSD while still keeping the hdd by replacing the optical disk with a caddy, though after partitioning everything and having a new fresh windows 10 install, all of the apps that came with dell isn't there anymore which lead me to installing them manually from the dell drivers, but I am planning to format my pc again for a private reason and the next time I want it to reformat I want the preinstalled applications back. I found out a way, its to go to the boot f12 then choose dell os recovery, then choose reset, it did give back all the apps that came with the laptop since I first got it but it only reformatted the drive which is the old hdd, I want it to apply to the SSD or my C: any clues on how I can do this?

3 Apprentice

• 

544 Posts

January 28th, 2022 09:00

Image the existing HDD to the SSD as mentioned in the previous post. When you are done, you will need to swap the HDD with the SSD in order for the system to boot from it and in order to perform a factory reinstall to the SSD. Leave the HDD out during this time, and when you have verified that everything is working correctly, you can reinstall it in the optical drive bay and repurpose it to your liking.

10 Elder

• 

23K Posts

January 28th, 2022 07:00

If it's still intact with the factory install, you can image the original drive to the SSD -- other than that, there are no options.

No Events found!