Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

5 Posts

February 22nd, 2022 06:00

Inspiron 5510, how to turn off adaptive brightness?

I'm literally, absolutely frustrated while writing this post.

I bought Inspiron 5510 last week (windows 11) and it has content adaptive brightness turned on (or auto brightness). I tried many things but nothing seems to work. I don't have any option to change it in settings, control panel, intel graphics command center. My laptop is updated, graphics driver is updated and I don't know what to do next?

I tried asking it on Microsoft forum but it went in vain. I tried contacting dell technical support explained everything to 3 representatives but everyone kept confirming my details, kept me waiting for minutes and then nothing, my call dropped in between and they didn't even call back after confirming my mobile phone. I'm literally tired of all this, I'm just cursing myself why I bought the laptop? I tried googling the stuff but they are making changes in registry directory which I think might create issues in future and is not suggested.

Please suggest if there's a way to do it? I'm tired of writing this and explaining this.

February 22nd, 2022 08:00

"What makes you think?"

My experience with the laptop.

Also I tried the link you sent. The "Display Power-Saving Technology" checkbox is not there.

5.6K Posts

February 22nd, 2022 08:00

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

February 22nd, 2022 22:00

To Enable or Disable Adaptive Brightness in Power Options

This option will affect all users that use the same power plan you set this for.

1  Open the advanced   Power Options  for your power plan.

2  In your current active power plan's (ex: High Performance) advanced settings, expand open   Display  and  Enable adaptive brightness.

3  Turn on or off   Enable adaptive brightness  for what you want, and click/tap on   OK.

3 Posts

September 27th, 2022 19:00

edit: duplicate answers because of an "unexpected error" in this very forum lol... 

3 Posts

September 27th, 2022 19:00

I think I've fixed it on my inspiron 16.

This in a Intel graphic thing. So go in the "Intel Graphics Command Center", left menu: "System", last tab "power" and you should find an energy economy setting toggle button (the one with an associated slider). I've just disabled this "feature" and now brightness is stable.

Note for Dell: since I have my laptop, I had many issues. Defective trackpad, replaced but then broken hardware (screen pivot axis, backplate internal plastic stuff) by those who replaced the trackpad on both machines I struggled to find that awful adaptive brightness stuff. But the worst part of that poor Inspiron experience, every time I ended up on that forum, I see the frustration of people trying to just use their machine, and you ignore us. The machine can't go to sleep mode while charging? No answer. Broken trackpad? No answer. Display issues? No answer. Why should we buy your machines if you totally let down peoples after that? the client 'support' is a nice waste of time.That would be a joke but it not even funny.

It's a shame... (Yes I'm frustrated too)

15 Posts

October 7th, 2022 12:00

I wish all the happy Dell customers would post here   Of course you will read a lot of complaints in a forum. You can't judge a product's quality by what you read here.

15 Posts

October 7th, 2022 12:00

I had this problem with my 7506 which is just over a year old now. There were no settings that could turn off the Adaptive Brightness feature -- even though settings, BIOS, adapter properties might make you think so.

Eventually, Intel provided a fix in an update last fall. The fix also resolved some active pen issues I was having with one software product I use.

November 4th, 2022 13:00

Finally landed here after weeks of searching and frustration. Fixed it on Latitude 7560. Thanks 

3 Posts

November 17th, 2022 20:00

Man you saved me. It's their problem not noticing this annoying brightness change. Now I just closed the display power savings and leave adaptive brightness and panel self refresh on. Works fine so far.

1 Message

August 17th, 2023 21:40

I don't know if this is still relevant to anyone, but unchecking "Help improve battery by optimizing the content shown and brightness" under System > Brightness worked for me: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/content-adaptive-brightness-control-in-windows-292d1f7f-9e02-4b37-a9c8-dab3e1727e78

No Events found!