Inspiron

Last reply by 10-01-2022 Unsolved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Inspiron 15 5515 Video Driver Problem

Hello, I bought a Dell Inspiron 15 5515 laptop (AMD Ryzen 5 5500U processor with AMD Radeon RX Vega 7 graphics version) around 2 days ago, and I installed the drivers on it. 

But I had a problem and I needed a help. 

When I open the computer, I installed every driver except AMD Radeon Software driver, which is RX Vega 7 driver. When I finish the installation process and I try to open the Radeon Software, I receive the problem named "Radeon Software and Driver versions do not match. Please try again after updating the latest versions."

Screenshot 2022-09-29 140125.png

I am sure about I have installed every driver for Windows 11 Home. Also, it is my operating system.

I cannot understand why I received this problem and I am waiting for your recommendation.

Thanks.

Replies (4)

justworking012,

Click here and install the Dell version of the video card drivers for windows 11.

If still under warranty, click the "Get help now" icon on the right to start a live chat session.
Find your Service Tag

Hello Jesse, thanks for your interest to my problem.

I downloaded the driver in the link you sent, and I tried to install it, but the driver I downloaded via your link is not compatible with the Windows version of my computer (Windows 11 Build 21H2, version 22000.978). 

I tried to make a search from website of Dell and AMD. I solved the problem with updating BIOS, and downloading driver from website of AMD. Here is how I did:

I configured my computer the first time I received it and downloaded the drivers via the Dell Update application. I couldn't install the video card, this is the moment I wrote this problem here. After your suggestion, I updated the BIOS and downloaded the video card drivers from AMD's website. This way I was able to configure and install my video card driver.

Thanks for your help Jesse.

5 Rhenium

Not knowing which type of graphics adapter you have I have linked to 2 possible drivers. This one is from Intel for the HD 4000 and it is a Windows 10 driver. This one is for the AMD HD 7670M and is for Windows 10.

Hello AdrianG001.

The video card models you mentioned (Intel HD 4000 and AMD HD 7670M) is not my video card model.

This is my model: Dell Inspiron 15 5515, R5 5500U - Notebookcheck-tr.com

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor