Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

2 Posts

March 24th, 2022 06:00

Inspiron 3501, keeps freezing

I just recently bought Dell Inspiron 3501. It's been 2 months. The problem is it keeps freezing every 1 or 2 hour. Initially because I was transferring data from the hard disk I thought this is why it's freezing but now I realize it is in-built problem. Please help!

• 

25.1K Posts

March 24th, 2022 07:00

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution. In the meantime, you may also receive assistance or suggestions from the community members.

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

March 25th, 2022 01:00

Has there been a recent update like a Dell or Windows update?

Run a hardware diagnostic by following this link http://bit.ly/2fJuGXB & check if there is an error listed.

2 Posts

March 30th, 2022 00:00

I did and it indicates the following error: 155. Description: Hard drive not installed.

Earlier, when the system would freeze the diagnostic would show no error and just indicate to shut down the system. But after installing all the pending drivers, this is the error it indicated.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

March 30th, 2022 09:00

For further assistance, please list exact Dell model number and version of windows:

Example: Dell Inspiron 3048 (3000 series), windows 10

How to find the product model of your Dell computer | Dell US

By the way, if the hard drive is faulty and within warranty, you can request a free new hard drive replacement or ask dell to replace it for you.

Warranty & Contracts | Dell US

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

March 30th, 2022 09:00

It's very possible the hard drive is failing or has failed and needs a new replacement.

To be sure, check status of the hard drive to see if it is being detected in the BIOS. If Hard drive isn't detected, reseat the hard drive inside computer to see if it will make any difference.

Manuals | Dell US

Please click on link below for additional information that might be helpful to you:

How to Troubleshoot Hard Drive or Solid-State Drive Issues on a Dell Computer | Dell US

No Events found!