Start a Conversation

Unsolved

R

1 Message

August 14th, 2022 22:00

Issues with new update

I have an XPS 15 7590 on which I run Window. I made a bootable drive with linux mint and have been using it without issues. Today I updated the XPS with whatever updates came out 8/15/2022. Now i cannot boot from the drive. I press F12 and it get me to the menu. I select UEFI partition 1 as always but it shows me a message that says " Operating system loader signature found in secureboot exclusion database (dbx.). All bootable devices failed secureboot verification". How do i fix this. The ability to run a linux bootable drive from my dell laptop without much issues was the primary reason i bought it. Thank you for your help

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

August 15th, 2022 05:00

You might check the link to the latest update info regarding the DBX.  You can get to the same location by clicking on the Learn More option in the Windows Update updates listing.

Possibly something you are using has been added to that database.

KB5012170: Security update for Secure Boot DBX: August 9, 2022 (microsoft.com)

2 Posts

October 3rd, 2022 05:00

Same problem here with another dell. I solved it by setting secure UEF to Off in the bios. Rebooting again and now I can get into my Linux partition. Hope that helps 

2 Posts

October 3rd, 2022 05:00

Sorry. I meant UEFI

1 Message

October 25th, 2022 22:00

Had same problem - needed to boot client's PC via PXE (network) boot. First it did not offer IPv4 boot option at all, after looking around in BIOS I got this option. But then I run into " Operating system loader signature found in secureboot exclusion database (dbx.). All bootable devices failed secureboot verification" message.

I was able to solve the issue in BIOS in "Secure Boot Mode" section. There is 2 options - Deployed Mode and Audit Mode. Deployed Mode was default. When changed to Audit Mode then network boot worked. 

bfea9dda-c74b-46f4-a7b0-5c757d7b3363.png

No Events found!