Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 3rd, 2022 06:00

upgrade Ram upto 64GB Ram

Hi rightnow in my pc i have 2*8=16GB RAM in PC. But i want to increase my Ram 32+ GB RAM .Let me is it possible to increase RAm more than 32GB. While running command like  "wmic memphysical get MaxCapacity, MemoryDevices" in command propt it is showing the is max capacity=32GB.

sajeeth_0-1670078561252.png

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

December 3rd, 2022 07:00

1. That command does not give an accurate result. 
  2. Check Dell.com for the specifications for your laptop model. It will tell you what Dell tested on your model.
  3. Check Intel.com to see the maximum memory supported by your CPU. You cannot go beyond that, but your laptop may support less than what the CPU can support.
  4. Check Crucial to see what they say can work in your laptop. Crucial guarantees its RAM to work if they say it's compatible. 

Often Crucial's maximum RAM figure will be higher than Dell's. Dell's maximum memory specification is published at the time of system design, based on what they tested. It's not a limitation, so don't take it as gospel. Technology evolves, and often larger RAM sticks and larger drives become available after Dell publishes the specs, and Dell does not generally go back to revise the maximum specs. So, Dell's specs should not be interpreted as limitations or maximums.

4 Posts

December 3rd, 2022 10:00

My Pc have 500gb SSD with Processor :11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11370H @ 3.30GHz, 2995 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)  . Then how much max RAM i can use can you please suggest to me.

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

I already explained why Crucial may show a higher maximum RAM figure than Dell's specs.

Re. 32 GB + 8 GB: sometimes mismatched RAM brands/models/sizes may not play well together. If they do, only 16 GB would run in dual-channel mode, while 24 GB would run in single-channel mode. Ideally, a matched pair of identical RAM sticks is best.

You didn't say whether it has a hard drive or an SSD. If it's a hard drive, replacing it with an SSD will make it much faster and more responsive, a noticeable difference and the most bang-for-your-buck that you can get for any upgrade. That will make a bigger difference than adding more RAM when you already have 16 GB.

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

You can use up to 64 GB. 

I can't see why you would need that much on this laptop. If you want it to be faster, replacing a hard drive with an SSD will make a bigger difference.

Ideal RAM configuration is a matched pair of identical RAM sticks. But, replacing one of your 8 GB with a 32 GB may work, if you really need more than 16 GB.

4 Posts

December 4th, 2022 21:00

I had a call with Dell Customer Support They Said I can use up to 32GB(2*16GB) only. My requirement is more than 32GB. I am not sure what should i do. I have to operate multiple applications like android studio,IntelliJ, chrome, python....etc same time.

4 Posts

December 3rd, 2022 09:00

In https://www.crucial.in/  they said support upto  64GB RAM

sajeeth_0-1670089900524.png

but in officail website they it support upto 32GB RAM only.

sajeeth_1-1670090113999.png

I want to replace one 8gb(2*8) RAM replace with 32GB like 32GB*1 and 8GB*1 RAM. Is it possible.

591 Posts

December 4th, 2022 23:00

Hello,

The model you have is simply way to weak todo a job like you are describing even if you get the ram issue resolved and can install 64GB ram with a shared gpu or a dedicated gpu that only has 2GB memory available you can drink  a can of coffee before your android studio project is compiled.

You must choose a laptop model that suits your needs .

No Events found!