Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 8th, 2016 06:00

64gb ram Laptop with intel graphic card

Hello, I am planning to buy i a new laptop with 64gb ram. Found that Precision 15 7000 Series (7510) supports 64gb ram. can i reconfigure this laptop to come with only on board intel graphic card. I dont need any graphic card as my work is mainly on linux and cloud. I am not getting that option in the website. Thanks and Regards, Sreejith P

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

September 8th, 2016 07:00

You cannot.  Any notebook that supports 64G of memory will have a correspondingly high-end (nVidia or AMD) GPU.  There is nothing that stops you from disabling the discrete GPU and using only the Intel one, however -- it's just that there isn't much demand for a heavy duty pickup truck essentially powered by a 3-cylinder engine.

5 Posts

September 12th, 2016 07:00

My purpose is to run multiple vms on Ubuntu and i know that switchable graphic with Intel/AMD or Intel/Nvidia will not work properly. Also I know that there is an option to disable it on bios, which have also caused some display problems. Since i dont have a necessity for graphic card, there must be an option to remove it right.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

September 12th, 2016 10:00

The video card is removeable on this model, yes.

5 Posts

September 13th, 2016 02:00

@ejn63, will it be possible for you to provide a url to order the laptop with intel graphic card

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

September 13th, 2016 05:00

See above.  You cannot.  You will need to order a configuration that's available.  No manufacturer is going to equip a high-end system like this one with Intel-only graphics -- it's just not a configuration that more than a handful of buyers would want.

No Events found!