Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 28th, 2016 08:00

Bluetooth Pairing - Windows 7 Laptop

Have a dell Vostro 3550 w/windows 7 64 bit. Can I pair Bluetooth Speakers?

• 

16.7K Posts

July 28th, 2016 12:00

DUNCANMATHESON,

You should be able to pair the bluetooth speakers to your computer. Below are some links to help you get the speakers paired.

In Windows 7

1. Turn on your Bluetooth device and make it discoverable.

The way you make it discoverable depends on the device. Check the device or visit the manufacturer's website to learn how.
  2. Select the Start button 
    Start button icon
     > Devices and Printers.
  3. Select Add a device > select the device > Next.
  4. Follow any other instructions that might appear. Otherwise, you're done and connected.
Your Bluetooth device and PC will usually automatically connect anytime the two devices are in range of each other with Bluetooth turned on.

How to Connect Bluetooth Speakers to a Windows 7 Laptop

Fix, connect to and learn about Bluetooth

July 29th, 2016 06:00

Thanks Jesse,

I did go through all of these steps and additional troubleshooting. While devices like my Smartphone are picked up when I try and ADD a Device, it is not recognizing the Bluetooth Speaker.

The Speaker is discoverable when powered on according to the manufacturers site.

• 

16.7K Posts

July 29th, 2016 10:00

DUNCANMATHESON,

To control how your computer pairs with Bluetooth enabled devices
You can set several options for how your computer finds (or is found by) Bluetooth enabled devices.
1. Open Control Panel by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel.
2. In the Control Panel search box, type Bluetooth, and then click Change Bluetooth settings.
3. In the Bluetooth Settings dialog box, click the Options tab and do any of the following.

To make your computer discoverable to Bluetooth enabled devices, select the check box for Allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer.
When a Bluetooth enabled computer is in discovery mode, it broadcasts a wireless signal that allows it to be detected by other computers or devices. This is sometimes called pairing mode. If you check this box, your computer will still be able to detect Bluetooth enabled devices that are in discovery mode, but they will not be able to detect your computer.
• To allow you to add Bluetooth enabled devices to your computer, select the check box for Allow Bluetooth devices to connect to this computer.
• To be notified when a Bluetooth enabled device is trying to connect to your computer, select the check box for
Alert me when a new Bluetooth device wants to connect.
For further information, visit the below mentioned link:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Change-settings-for-a-Bluetooth-enabled-device
You may also refer the below mentioned link.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Add-a-Bluetooth-enabled-device-to-your-computer
You can also troubleshoot a device and check if it helps
Right-click a device or computer with the yellow warning icon , click Troubleshoot, wait while the troubleshooter tries to detect problems (this may take several minutes), and then follow the instructions.

No Events found!