Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 20th, 2016 11:00

Dell Inspiron 5547 won't turn on after power button shut down

So I woke my laptop up after sleep by opening it, but I forgot it was sleeping so I accidentally pushed the power button. Then it turned of. After that I couldn't turn it back on. I tried plugging in the cable, but only the led is on (indicating that it is charging). I would remove the battery, but this model has it built in, so in order to remove it I would have to open the screws - I still have waranty for at least 5 months - won't opening it void the waranty?
How do I fix this?

February 20th, 2016 20:00

Hi

Thanks for writing to us. 

Removing the panel to take out the battery will not void the warranty as long as you don''t damage any parts inside :). 

Remove the battery and charger and hold down the power button for 10 secs then put back the parts and let us know if it worked. 

Simultaneously you can remove the memory modules as observe for any change.

Await your response.

Regards

February 21st, 2016 17:00

Hi,
Awaiting your response.
Regards

2 Posts

June 24th, 2016 14:00

Hi,

I am not the individual who initiated this query but I did have the same issue with my Dell Inspiron 5547, where it wouldn't turn on after a power button shut down.

I followed Hema's instructions by removing the battery and charger and then holding down the power button for a few seconds, and then putting back the parts. It seemed to have done the trick... At least for now. Is this just a temporary fix?

While doing a Google search for a solution I seem to have encountered a number of people who experienced the same issue. Can you also explain why this happens with this particular Dell laptop? Is it a model flaw?

Thank you

No Events found!