Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

H

October 24th, 2017 13:00

Dell XPS 13 9365 2 in 1 is there an issue with win 10 connect app?

Has anyone with an xps 13 2-in-1 ever tried to use the connect app of microsoft to cast some content from another device to this machine? 

Mine says "This device doesn't support receiving Miracast..."

Anyone an idea how to solve it or circumvent this problem with software? almost any old PC is capable of receiving Miracast, why not this new machine? 

Thx.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

October 24th, 2017 14:00

I just connected an Inspiron 15 to my 9365.

I set the 9365 to allow connections on secure networks.  No PIN was required and it was plugged in.   I then select project from the Inspiron 15 and selected the 9365.  It worked fine for my two systems.

This is with the Creator's Fall upgrade on both systems.

17 Posts

October 25th, 2017 01:00

17 Posts

October 25th, 2017 01:00

So this is what I see there. I cannot change from always off. And I dont know why.  

I am really surprised it works for you

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

October 25th, 2017 07:00

I suppose we need to look at the message you show regarding the system is not Miracast capable.  I will need to do some research to see if I can pin it down.  Any Win 10 troubleshooting you can run may yield some info.  The dxdiag.exe utility shows Miracast is available if you save all info and check that listing.  Yours may just show it is not available, not sure.

My system has the i7 processor in case that is involved.  I suppose the wireless connection and network are important.  You are using the Intel 8265 Wireless adapter with the latest drivers?

17 Posts

October 25th, 2017 07:00

thanks a lot, and yes u are right u needed to look at the Miracast line.

I ran dxdiag.exe and found "Miracast: available, with HDCP". Sending from my device to another is also possible. However receiving is a problem. But If yours is working I guess it has to do something with drivers maybe. But as far as i know i am on the newest ones.

I also have the i7 model. Display is QHD (which btw has image retention issues),

My wifi Drivers are also up to date and I have the Intel 8265. Its really weird. Even my Old XPS 14 can do it.

64 Posts

October 26th, 2017 11:00

My screen also showed this the screen you are showing..If you have airplane mode on try turning it off.. This actually worked for me. If I set airplane mode to on I once again get the screen you posted.Hope it helps.

17 Posts

October 27th, 2017 02:00

thanks it could actually be that it was a problem. i installed the newest graphics driver and then turn also off airplane mode. (though I thought i was not in airplane mode) for some reason it works now. though not really reliable. I need to try to connect at least severeal times until a connection works. which is odd.

No Events found!