Laptops General - Read Only

Last reply by 08-11-2016 Solved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Dell XPS 13 making High-Pitched Noise (again)

I recently got a replacement XPS 13 due to my first one having issues with high-pitched noise coming out from somewhere inside. Technicians and Customer Service couldn't point out the culprit so they replaced the laptop altogether. And now I am having the exact same issue on my replacement machine. I see from different forum posts that this issue was discovered as early as May/June 2012 and it is still out there. I assume this might be "standard", but people don't notice it due to the frequency. 

For such a premium machine with a pricy tag on it (the model I got: i7, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD (1080p edition btw) was priced at NOK 10495 with standard options) you'd expect such issues to be non-existant, if not fixed by now. 

I LOVE the XPS 13 in every aspect possible; the lightweight construction, premium feel and solid performance. But I'm often in very quiet areas with this machine, and the noise drives me insane. (I'm a student)

What to do?

Replies (73)
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Oh, I forgot to mention that I have the L322X version, and that link you gave me is for the L321X. So my issue is at the moment unresolved. Patiently waiting for another solution.

Regards,

Karl

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Just letting you know that I sent you a message, Sujatha K.

Regards,

Karl

5 Rhenium

Hi Karl Sindre Baath Engelstad,

I am sorry about the frustration. I suggest that you flash BIOS from the following link:

http://dell.to/11yLjEC

Note: While flashing BIOS connect the Ac adapter and make sure the battery has minimum 15% charge as this needs uninterrupted power supply. Do not use the system till it restarts and comes up to the desktop.

In case issue persists even after flashing BIOS to the latest version, kindly send me a private message with the system service tag. Click on my name and click Start Conversation to send me a private message.

Thanks and Regards,
DELL-Sujatha K
Dell Social Media and Community Professional
#iwork4Dell

Community Accepted Solution
Top Contributor
Latest Solutions