Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 4th, 2013 04:00

Dell inspiron n5010 keyboard keys not working

Hi ,

I have Dell INSPIRON N5010 laptop.

i am using this laptop from last 2 years. but from last 4 month its keyboard giving me issue.

Some keys of keyboard is not working. specially the upper numeric keys (1 to 0) the keys of first row -apha keys (QWERTYUIOP) and the 2nd row of Key (ASDFGHJKL) also the numeric keys from right side (1 to 9)

565 Posts

January 4th, 2013 05:00

Hi dsp_13,

Please follow the below mentioned steps to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Try to change the input language of the keyboard.
  2. Check if the issue occurs in Safe Mode. Refer to the link to boot the computer to Safe mode: http://dell.to/LnNtve
  3. Run the diagnostics on the keyboard to check if it is working fine, Refer to the link to boot the computer to Safe mode with networking: http://dell.to/IgQaEa
  4. For the right side keys, ensure that the “Num Lock” key is enabled.

Please post the results.

565 Posts

January 7th, 2013 08:00

Hi dsp_13,

Unfortunately we have not received feedback from you on this topic. If you need continued support, please write back to us. Other community members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

2 Posts

January 7th, 2013 09:00

Hi..

I have tried the option provided by u..but it is not working..

1. My NumKy is on while using rightside numeric keys.. but still some keys not working..

2. also the other alpha char. keysare nt working..except middle row..(A to l).

Pls help me to solve thisboard issue..

565 Posts

January 7th, 2013 10:00

Hi dsp_13,

It looks like the issue might be with the keyboard and needs a replacement.

You can check the warranty status here.

If the computer warranty is active, I request you to private message the system service tag number. To private message, accept my friend request; click on my user name and click start conversation.

In case of expired warranty scenario, we would not be able to extend warranty entitled services. If the warranty on the computer has expired, you may contact our Expired Warranty Support (this is for US based customers).

For any clarifications feel free to contact me

August 6th, 2013 22:00

Dear Madhur 

This is Rohitashva Jain from India, same issue appearing for me, even I attached a external keyword but still appearing.

'Shift; key is working automatically, Caps lock and Tab key isn't working. (for external too)

Can you please provide me any solution for this ?  

1 Message

October 31st, 2013 17:00

I bought the Inspiron N5040 for my mother. With less then 20 hrs on it. They Windows key seems to be sticking. I have tried to reboot and many other tips on here and other websites. Anyone know how to fix it. When the windows key sticks. This is all I get  Substitute character removed as per TOU> in the text boxes. Cant even do a search when the key is stuck. Thanks for any help.

No Events found!