Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 5th, 2016 22:00

Dell touchpad driver update for Windows 10 new gesture

Hi,

A new major update for Windows 10 has been released a few days ago, and the update included a new gesture which allow user to switch the desktops with 4 fingers placed on the touchpad and swipe between left or right to switch the desktops.

This new gesture is not working on my touchpad and I am assuming this may relate to the current version of the touchpad driver is not yet supported to this feature because the other gestures like three fingers swipe for moving any opened windows and three fingers tap for calling Cortana are still working fine for me.

I was wondering if there will be any update for the touchpad driver coming soon, or all of these were just my own issue...

Thank you!

• 

16.7K Posts

August 9th, 2016 11:00

CALVINLAU0914,

Can you provide the computer model that you have so that I can look for drivers?

• 

16.7K Posts

August 11th, 2016 05:00

CALVINLAU0914 ,

Unfortunately, I have not heard of any other drivers to be released anytime soon.

12 Posts

August 10th, 2016 05:00

Sorry for the late response, my laptop model is Inspiron 15-7537 (2013 mid), but from what I found under the drivers download page, the latest version of the touchpad driver for my laptop model was released in 02 Oct 2015, which does not cover the Windows 10 anniversary update yet.

Thank you. 

No Events found!