Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 22nd, 2013 13:00

DigitalPersona Fingerprint Reader 6.2.0.300 update

Hi,

I have bought the Dell Vostro 3560 couple of months ago and just updated to Windows 8.1. After this the DigitalPersona Fingerprint Reader software started to cause problems (sometimes doesn't work). I've updated all drivers to the latest version but can't find update for DigitalPersona Fingerprint Reader  and under my registered programs there is only 6.3.0.300 version which is over one ear old.

Could you advise how to update it please?

Thank you.

953 Posts

October 22nd, 2013 14:00

Hi PiotrIr,

You should download and install “Validity Fingerprint Sensor Driver”. If you have difficulty in downloading the drivers please watch this video:

20 Posts

October 23rd, 2013 02:00

Hi Zohaib,

Thank you for your reply,

As I mention I've already done it and have successfully installed latest version of Validity Fingerprint Sensor. The device is working fine as I can log in to my laptop using fingerprint. I have problems with the DigitalPersona Fingerprint Reader software and looking how to update it.

953 Posts

October 23rd, 2013 19:00

Hi PiotrIr,

I apologize for providing you the steps you have already performed. From your post it was not clear which drivers you are referring to. DigitalPersona Fingerprint Suite is available for download from the My Dell Downloads page, which requires you to login and validate your system for eligibility. For more information on My Dell Downloads, refer to this video:

How to download Dell-installed Software and Drivers from My Dell Downloads

Hope this helps.

20 Posts

October 24th, 2013 01:00

Hi Zohaib

I'm aware I can download DigitalPersona Fingerprint Reader from My Dell Downloads but unfortunately only old version (07/2012) is listed. What I'm looking for is the latest version of DigitalPersona Fingerprint Reader software.

Could you tell me where I can get it please?

953 Posts

October 24th, 2013 18:00

Hi PiotrIr,

The download available in My Dell Downloads is the most updated version of the software for your system model.

3 Posts

October 25th, 2013 01:00

Hi,

I have the same problem. It looks like then we can't use the finger print reader on the Vostro 3560 in Windows 8.1 for the time being.

953 Posts

October 28th, 2013 12:00

Hi Raxin,

Is the finger print reader in your laptop completely unusable or the issue is intermittent and is similar to the one reported by PiotrIr?

13 Posts

October 28th, 2013 16:00

I have the same problem. Uninstalled old driver, installed new Validity driver (Validity WBF 5011 version 4.5.226.0), reinstalled DigitalPersona Fingerprint Software 6.2 (version 6.2.0.300). Fingerprint reader is working correct and also th DigitalPaersona application is working.

But the DigitalPerona software cannot find the fingerprint reader and ask me to connect the reader. So I think this version of DigitalPersona software is not correct for Windows 8.1.

20 Posts

October 30th, 2013 04:00

Any update?

3 Posts

October 31st, 2013 00:00

Hi Zohaib,

My problem is similar to Cvooren's. The drivers install, and DigitalPersona works, but there's no communication between DigitalPersona and the fingerprint reader.

Is there perhaps other software you can recommend besides DigitalPersona that is compatible with Windows 8.1?

953 Posts

October 31st, 2013 08:00

Hi,

We cannot recommend any other software because we have not tested them on our machines. Please wait for any other release of DigitalPersona.

13 Posts

October 31st, 2013 09:00

Hi Zohaib,

Thank you for your answer. I understand that we have to wait for a new release of DigitalPersona.

But can you tell us more? Are they working on that? Do they know there software is not working in W8.1. Or is Dell allraedy started with testing a new relaese?  

October 31st, 2013 11:00

Sirs

I sent e-mail to Digital persona and I received this link:

http://www.digitalpersona.com/Support/Customer-Service/End-of-Life-Notification-for-Consumer-Products/

What do we think about it?

86 Posts

October 31st, 2013 13:00

Hey guys, I kinda had this same issue, but have it working correctly now...  The current drivers from Dell for 8.1 DO NOT WORK with Digital Persona's software!  You have to install the Windows 8 drivers.  You can tell that you're running the correct ones if the device in device manager is listed only as "Validity Sensor"  If is has WBF  Substitute character removed as per TOU> or whatever in it, it will NOT work.  My driver version in Device Manager states 2.2.0.0 and the setup file I used was "Vostro-3560_Security_Driver_N1CR5_WN_4.4.231.0_A02"

Also, there is an update to the Digital Persona software that is NOT available on My Dell Downloads.  I was able to find it elsewhere in the forum, but, I install the copy from My Dell then I run the update, which brings my Digital Persona version to 6.2.1.309a.  Its ~54,514KB.  I can setup a link if y'all need it...

20 Posts

October 31st, 2013 15:00

Well, I believe this is a way around not solution unfortunately. My device (any on the laptop) should work with the latest drivers from DELL website.

I bought my machine four months ago and I'm really happy of quality which is a way better then HP or other vendors. Now I expect the service and support will be as good as hardware (I paid more then for HP) so solution will be proper one.

What I worry about is Digital Persona doesn't support my software any more - even more, it wasn't supported when I bought it (as per link from Roberto). HP has his own credential manager with fingerprint reader which is constantly updated.

DELL could could you answer for my question please?

Thank you.

No Events found!