Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

R

16 Posts

April 3rd, 2005 06:00

How to change how a file/picture opens?

How do I change the way a file or pictures is opened?Now when I open it,it opens in Roxie I would like it to open in something else,If I click open with I then can open it with the one I want,I would like to make it open all the time with something else.
Thanks,
Phillip  :smileyindifferent:

14.4K Posts

April 3rd, 2005 09:00

if I understand you correctly, single click one of the files to highlight it then press ctrl & right click the highlighted file.
you should now have the "open with" option so choose what program you want the file to open with.

16 Posts

April 3rd, 2005 21:00

Yes that is what I was trying to say,but is there a way to make it open all the time with the program I want to use?
Phillip :smileywink:

15 Posts

April 4th, 2005 02:00

right click start, choose explore. at the very top choose tools, at the bottom hit folder options

look for the tab marked file types

click that, it will list all the file extentions on your machine and what program they are associated with. Scroll to the type you want to change, (probably JPG) and from there click change, dialog boxes will walk you thru it. Sounds like a lot of trouble but its easy.

• 

25K Posts

August 18th, 2021 00:00

Hi there, We want to make sure your system is working fine and hence following up. Having said that, we do not want to disturb you with numerous messages. We will wait to hear from you to continue the conversation.
No Events found!