Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 2nd, 2017 03:00

Inspiron 1545 BIOS

I have a dell inspiron running linux mint for a few years the touch pad has never really worked so i always use a usb mouse however when i went to change some setting in the BIOS yesterday i could use the arrow keys but i couldn't tick the boxes or click apply is there a way to get make this work or am i stuffed.(my apologies if this is in the wrong place please move it)

Thanks

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

March 2nd, 2017 13:00

I just got my 1545 out and was able to navigate totally using the arrow, tab and space/enter keys...

The tab is important since it takes you into another section of the window selection options.  Of course, right arrow expands list.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

March 2nd, 2017 07:00

I haven't checked mine but does a spacebar click the boxes?  The should be something on the Keyboard to allow those selections.

March 2nd, 2017 08:00

I have just tried that but no luck it still won't move out of the left menu if I move the mouse at all in any direction the cursor moves to the left side of the screen and won't move at all after that

Thanks for trying

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

March 2nd, 2017 12:00

You have tried moving the mouse to a different USB port?

Batteries?  Dirty track light?

March 2nd, 2017 23:00

Ok I didn't try the tab botton I'll have to give it a try this after noon also the mouse worked perfectly in Linux mint

Thanks

March 3rd, 2017 08:00

Thanks to everyone it was just the tab botton I didn't know about

No Events found!