Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

N

December 18th, 2017 13:00

Laptop Charging Port Broken---Paid for Support---Got No Support

I paid for 3 years of support and accidental damage in home support. Together, it cost around $400 on my new XPS laptop. Afew months after I bought XPS 15 9560, I pulled out the charging cord, and a round piece of plastic that was inside the port came out too.

called technical support at 5 pm EST, and received someone in Southern India. I gave them my information, and they confirmed that I had service. They then fought with me for 15 minutes, telling me I could NOT have any in home service. The representative, who kept calling me by my first name (no respect)  said I had to send my laptop to a depot in Texas for them to identify the issue. Finally, after I insisted, the representative, S. Sirya Kiran, FINALLY allowed me to get in home support IF I sent him photos of the damage. I did. Finally, I received an email telling me to select a date for service, which I did, 12/18/17 between 9 am and 1:00 pm .

I took time off and waited. No one came by 11:30, or called. So I contacted World Wide Tech Services. They then told me they didn't have enough techs to handle my area, so they were NOT coming. I asked why no one gave me the courtesy of a phone call and they had no answer. They said a new company, Unisys, would contact me. (I doubt they ever will.)

Is this what Dell gives people for their money as far as support and accidental damage in home service for $400? This is an outrage.

Nelson Timken

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

December 18th, 2017 15:00

repeat of his earlier post from this morning  http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/20026628

No Events found!