Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 24th, 2015 05:00

NumLock key fails to 'light' up and numbers keyboard does not work

Good morning,

I just purchased this Dell Inspirion 15 555 a few days ago and this morning after booting up I notice the 'NumLock' key was not 'lit' and the numbers keyboard wasn't working either.  The computer came with Windows 10 Home.

Any ideas?

Thanks and regards,
2harts4ever

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 24th, 2015 07:00

Hi,

Thank you for writing to us!

This could be an issue with the keyboard.

Kindly check if an external keyboard works fine.Also check the virtual keyboard. You can also run diagnostics on the keyboard to check functionality of the same .

Thanks

Robin

September 24th, 2015 10:00

Hi Robin,

I appreciate your response.

I connected an old Compaq keyboard  I had and the 'numlock' key lit up and the numbers keyboard worked fine too.

Also, since my original post I have now discovered that if I depress the 'numlock' key on my Dell Laptop  I am then able to use the Numbers keyboard until I press the 'numlock' key again.

It seems the only problem I am having with the Dell Laptop keyboard is the 'numlock' key doesn't 'light up' at all.

I ran  the diagnostics on the keyboard and it said 'passed'.

Any suggestions?

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever

September 26th, 2015 05:00

Hi,

I am still trying to see if there is a way to fix this "Numlock" light problem without having to return it to the store I purchased it at.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 28th, 2015 06:00

Hi,

This could be a problem with the keyboard.

If the system is in warranty then you can check with the store that you purchased the system to check if they will replace the Keyboard.

Thanks

Robin

September 28th, 2015 10:00

Hi Robin D,

I returned the Laptop to the store I had purchased it from since it was less than two weeks old.

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever

No Events found!