Laptops General - Read Only

Last reply by 03-28-2017 Unsolved
Start a Discussion

Soon to be released new Dell Docks may require BIOS and driver updates on your laptop before use!

Dell will soon be releasing updated desktop docking stations that are compatible with Type C and Thunderbolt systems.   These docks may require that you update your system's BIOS and install docking station drivers before they will function properly.   Older BIOS versions or lack of docking station drivers could result in the dock not being recognized by your system or not working as expected.   Once released, these docking station drivers and updated BIOS versions will be available on support.dell.com for supported laptop systems.

Replies (256)
3 Zinc

Is there any information as to what BIOS version is required? I have 1.1.15 and I see no newer version. I do see that there is a new firmware update for the TB controller.

JohnD

EDIT: There are two entries for the Realtek USB GBE Ethernet Controller Driver, one under the Chipset section and another under the Network section. Are they identical or must I apply both???? They appear to be the same size and refer to the same version.

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Thank you, called yesterday and they said don't know when available.  Called just after seeing your post and ordered one of each!

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

I've seen that they are available in the US now, but unfortunately not in Europe...

3 Silver

They are available now....I just ordered one.

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

It's available now.  Just ordered mine.  :)

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Hi,

what's the real release date for the TB15? It was announced to be released on January, 28th. But I've read in a few places, that it maybe would not be released until end of March... What's the truth?

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor