Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 13th, 2015 10:00

System Recovery Backup?

I want to make factory system backup in flash drive but its not working its giving me error "an error occurred" on Dell xps 15 9530?

780 Posts

June 13th, 2015 12:00

Hi,

Thank you for reaching us.

What is the size of the flash drive you use to make the recovery disc? Is there an alternate flash drive you could try to use to check if that works?

We also would like to know the age of the laptop as the programs installed in the PC may also influence the recovery media creation.

Thank you

42 Posts

June 13th, 2015 12:00

I have tried in 16gb flash drive and also tried other flash drive and my system is i think 7 to 8 month old

780 Posts

June 16th, 2015 06:00

Hi,

16 GB is the perfect size. The only reason I can think of why it isn't letting you create is due to 3rd party software's installed 

That is one of the reasons why we recommend to create the recovery media as soon possible.

If there hasn't been a hard drive replacement on this PC yet, Do not worry as there is a factory recovery partition inbuilt in the laptop which can be used to restore the laptop should the user needs to.

Thank you

42 Posts

June 22nd, 2015 02:00

Where is that partition and how can i access that and how can i make backup in flash drive also?

780 Posts

June 24th, 2015 04:00

Hi,

Thank you for the response.

It is unlikely you will be able to create a recovery media now after using it for a while.

However we can ship you one if you could send us the laptop's service tag via private message.

To send a private message, click on my name and click start conversation.

Thank you

No Events found!