Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 7th, 2017 18:00

Touchpad scroll problem

I've just upgraded from my 7 year old Dell Inspiron to a Dell 15 5000. I cannot get single edge scrolling to work. I've got the 2 finger scroll but not single as it was on my Studio. Needless to say Windows 10 OS.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

March 8th, 2017 11:00

:emotion-2:

Please list exactly Dell model number: Ex; Dell Inspiron 3543. If you don't know, type msinfo32 into search box, you'll see exact model number. In the meantime, type Troubleshooter Control Panel onto the search box, click on 'View All', and then run Program Compatibility Troubleshooter. Hopefully you're able to run the old touchpad driver on windows 10.

14 Posts

March 8th, 2017 12:00

Inspiron 15-5578

Service Tag

Express Code

I just talked to Dell suppert and it appears single finger edge scrolling is no longer available; weird. So I just have to get used to two finger scroll; no big deal.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

I also like to suggest entering your service tag number (Or use Detect Product) in the link below and check if there's any windows 10 touchpad driver for your system.

www.dell.com/.../

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

Thanks for the quick update....:emotion-2:

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

There are some settings for Win 10 on the Settings-Devices-Mouse and Touchpad section.  That is where I found out about the two finger tap for a right click.

You could try turning off the two finger scroll or use the tap and drag perhaps.  Not all apps behave the same.  The Map app will zoom with two finger scroll.

No Events found!