Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 6th, 2013 22:00

web cam driver for dell inspiron 5520 15R

hi , i got new dell inspiron 5520 laptop. i install win 7 64bit . but i cant find the web cam driver . pls tell me how to use web cam .

3.3K Posts

January 6th, 2013 22:00

Hi YOUFFY,

If the webcam is not working, I recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the webcam drivers.

To uninstall the Dell webcam central software, perform the following steps:

1. Click Start.
  2. Click Control Panel.
  3. Using the drop-down menu next to View by: in the upper-right corner, select Large Icons.
  4. Click Programs and Features.
  5. Click Dell Webcam Central.
  6. Click Uninstall.
  7. Confirm the uninstall process by clicking OK.
  8. Once uninstalled restart the computer.

I have provided a link below to reinstall the webcam drivers.

http://ftp.us.dell.com/monitors/Dell_SX2210-Monitor_Webcam%20SW%20RC1.1_%20R230103.exe

Let me know the status.

Awaiting your response!

3 Posts

January 7th, 2013 04:00

Thanx my dear Rajesh ... it works :)

1 Message

January 23rd, 2013 10:00

I am also having a similar experience. I uninstalled the Dell Webcam Central and ran the executable above to install the drivers. However, I still see no webcam in the device manager. I have enabled WIA and also restarted after installing the drivers. Do I need to reinstall the Dell Webcam Central Software?  

Thanks so much.

5 Posts

May 8th, 2013 13:00

hi

i am facing the same problem! Did you find your answer? Let me know please i need HELP!

Thanks

Leo

4.4K Posts

May 8th, 2013 22:00

Hi leo,

Welcome to the Community,

Is the Webcam getting detected in Device Manager under Imaging Device?Have you tried installing Webcam Central?

Please post the exact issue you're facing with the Webcam,along with your full system model and Windows version.

Thank You

5 Posts

May 9th, 2013 01:00

Hello

Glad to hear someone!:) I check the device manager but it does not detected even I click on VIEW-SHOW HIDDEN DEVICES but i can't see imaging Device. Yes, i tried to install the webcam central,i get the driver on dell community but when i install it, this show me:

Windows version: I use windows 7 home basic

System:

Hope that will help you

Leo

5 Posts

May 9th, 2013 01:00

Me again, i put a JPG photo in my messenger but it seems that it does not display

4.4K Posts

May 9th, 2013 02:00

Hi Leo,

If the Webcam is not getting detected in Device Manager you may try running the Dell PC diagnostics as shown in this link (How to Run the Dell PC Diagnostics for Webcam Issues): lt.dell.com/.../lt.aspx

Note:Select Symptom,Webcam and run the test.

Post back the results.

Regarding the picture on your messenger try a different picture.If issue persists post back the name of the messenger service  you're using.

Thank You

5 Posts

May 9th, 2013 03:00

hi

here's what i get  {"Data":0,"Success":true,"ErrorMessage":""}

what does it mean?

Leo

4.4K Posts

May 9th, 2013 04:00

Hi  Leo,

This error message is not clear.This test is suppose to be an interactive test.Did it ask you to press any key on the keyboard?

This time also try the Component test(select Component  and run test on camera). Please post back the exact error message/code if any.

Also private message me your system Service tag number.To private message click on my user name and click start conversation.

Thank You

4.4K Posts

May 10th, 2013 02:00

Hi  Leo,

I received your private message.

As per what we have tried so far most likely its an issue with the hardware(webcam) as its not getting detected in Windows and it may need to be replaced.

I would suggest you to take the system to your nearest Dell Authorized Service Provider for repair options.

Click here for your regional Dell Authorized Service Provider contact information.

1 Message

October 4th, 2013 18:00

Thanks it worked for me too, though I didn't uninstalled the software driver that came initially with the system, but I just overwrite it and i found that it worked.

December 24th, 2013 23:00

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 25th, 2013 05:00

pandian traders,

No image was showing.

Did you recently install/reinstall the operating system? If yes, did you install the Dell System Software(if applicable) and the chipset drivers first? If not, the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct

Windows 7/8 is supposed to provide the webcam drivers for most Dell computers. If you system needs webcam drivers, go to Drivers & Downloads enter your service tag, then select your operating system. If your system needs webcam drivers, they'll be listed under Input.

(Windows 8)How to make the webcam work with help from this youtube. You have to open the Camera app first, and then click Settings on the charm bar to see where you can give the app permission to use the webcam.

Try reading...

Troubleshooting the Dell Webcam and Dell Webcam Central Software

You can try this file, also known as Dell Webcam Central.

Create a new unrestricted user account and try the webcam. Did the webcam work?

If yes, log out and log back in to your account and try the webcam. Did the webcam work?

If no, then the webcam became detached from the motherboard, usually near the webcam

Is your computer is under warranty?

Rick

1 Message

February 24th, 2015 01:00

thanks  for this ...........

but where can i find the windows 8.1 version of this driver?

No Events found!