Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 30th, 2012 04:00

wireless mouse short range problem

Hello,

I've recently purchased the logitech M235 wireless mouse.

When I connect it to my new Dell Inspiron N5110 laptop, the mouse works only up to 35 cm afar from the reciever.

On the other hand, when i connect it to other laptops (of other brands) it works perfectly from long distances.

Does anybody knows what can interfere the mouse in my dell laptop?
and is there anyway to fix it?

Thanks.

4.4K Posts

June 30th, 2012 06:00

Hi wasabishot23,

Welcome to the Community,

Try logging in as a different user.If system has only one user account,create a new account,log off from the old user account  and log in to the new user account and use the wireless mouse.

See if the wireless mouse works better with the new user account.

Thank You

June 30th, 2012 09:00

Hi there,

I tried and it works all the same in the other user account.

any other suggestion?

4.4K Posts

July 3rd, 2012 03:00

Hi wasabishot23,

As such there should not be anything on the system which would interfere with wireless mouse connection.Since it the same with other user account also,check if using the system in different location makes a difference.

July 4th, 2012 04:00

Hello there!

so after some trials in which i've noticed that the mouse works properly while using ubuntu live cd

I found out that the laptop ac adaptor is causing the interference in windows

whenever its not plugged in, the mouse works perfectly.

in the moment i connect it to the charger i get the range problem.

any idea how to fix it?

i will mention it is totally new adaptor and laptop.

4.4K Posts

July 4th, 2012 05:00

If its the adapter causing this,as per your observation only fix would be to replace the adapter (if its the faulty adapter causing this).To further  confirm could you try using a same watt adapter, from a different system and see if the mouse works fine.

If the mouse works fine with the other adapter than you can private message me your system Service Tag number,along with your full name,address and phone number.I will help you get the Adapter replaced.

To private message,accept my friend request,click on my user name,click start conversation.

Thank You

No Events found!