Latitude

Last reply by 08-08-2022 Unsolved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Battery indicator keeps blinking Orange

My Dell Lattitude E6510 Battery indicator suddenly started blinking orange when the battery indicator on the Taskbar shows 100% fully charged. Once I unplug the AC adapter the PC goes off. Prior to this sudden development the battery lasts for 3-4 hours on heavy usage when fully charged. Please can some assist me. Thanks
Replies (5)
7 Gold

The blinking amber light means the battery is not receiving a charge and is at less then 10%. Try a reset on the system first. Disconnect the battery and unplug the adapter. Now press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Then reconnect everything and try again. Also restart the system and at the Dell splash screen start tapping F12. Run system diagnostics and pay special attention to battery health and the adapter results. You can also at the Dell splash screen start tapping F2 and check the adapter and battery in the BIOS in addition to diagnostics.

-Forum Member since 2016
-I do not work for Dell
-A user helping other users
-If you like an answer please click on thumbs up
-If a reply is a solution to your problem please click on Accept as Solution
Gaming on a home built with GIGABYTE B560M DS3H AC budget build with an i3 10100
Real work on a Latitude E5430

Hello friend, I just wanted to let you know that I had the same problem as this guy and I tried your advice and it worked perfectly. Thank you so much!!

Warmest Regards, Ben 🙇‍

Happy to help out!

-Forum Member since 2016
-I do not work for Dell
Gaming on a home built with GIGABYTE B560M DS3H AC budget build with an i3 10100

Same problem. Reset worked!

Thank you.

Happy to help out with your problem as well!

-Forum Member since 2016
-I do not work for Dell
Latest Solutions
Top Contributor