Latitude

Last reply by 12-17-2022 Solved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Dell latitude E5570 BIOS recovery menu "continue" greyed

Hi there i have the above Laptop in my possession. Whenever i boot i am taken to the BIOS recovery menu with 2 options: Recover BIOS & Reset BIOS but the continue button is greyed out.

In red the power status shows: Inadequate even though the battery is seated correctly and the charger i've been using without any issues the past couple of weeks. I do not want to purchase a battery for such an old laptop, is there any way to reset the BIOS without having to?

Any help appreciated.

Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
7 Thorium

Considering the system is approaching 7 years old and if you still have the original laptop battery installed, it is more than likely that the laptop battery and CMOS battery both need to be replaced. More than likely the BIOS is corrupt and would account for the option being greyed out. This support page has more information on recovery. And it is very possible, if corrupted, that the CMOS battery may be the cause.

-Forum Member since 2016
-I do not work for Dell
-A user helping other users
-If you like an answer please click on thumbs up
-If a reply is a solution to your problem please click on Accept as Solution
Gaming on a home built with GIGABYTE B560M DS3H AC budget build with an i3 10100
Real work on a Latitude E5430

View solution in original post

Replies (5)
7 Thorium

Considering the system is approaching 7 years old and if you still have the original laptop battery installed, it is more than likely that the laptop battery and CMOS battery both need to be replaced. More than likely the BIOS is corrupt and would account for the option being greyed out. This support page has more information on recovery. And it is very possible, if corrupted, that the CMOS battery may be the cause.

-Forum Member since 2016
-I do not work for Dell
Gaming on a home built with GIGABYTE B560M DS3H AC budget build with an i3 10100
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

I have a new Dell 3420 having the same issue.

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Well i just ordered a new CMOS battery. I will try it when it arrives and will post back the result for others facing the same issue. Thanks!

After testing your suggestion with the CMOS battery i can confirm the laptop seems to be working fine now after replacing it with a new one. Thanks again for the tip!

Happy to help out!

-Forum Member since 2016
-I do not work for Dell
Latest Solutions
Top Contributor