Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 16th, 2017 19:00

Dell XPS 13 (9370 - Late 2017) - Rumours and facts before release

Any news about the next Dell XPS 13?

9360 was released in October, so we can expect the next one (probably tagged 9370) in the next 4 months. Probably when the next 8-gen Intel CPU "Coffee Lake" is out.

Maybe there are some rumours around already..

@Barton, is the hardware team working on the coil whine issue so we don't get the internet flooded with the same story again..

Maybe a new camera position..

I hope you managed to process some customer feedback so the next XPS 13 is going to best the best ever.

7 Technologist

• 

538 Posts

June 28th, 2017 09:00

Hi @alyea, im sorry its taken me so long to respond.  Our lips are sealed about the timing around our next system :)  We are definitely looking into the coil whine issue, this has senior management visibility, and pursuing several avenues for the current system as well as solutions going forward.

We always look to incorporate customer feedback both realtime and going forward.  

Thanks for the support!

7 Technologist

• 

538 Posts

November 28th, 2017 07:00

Yep, it will be available in Spain as well

19 Posts

June 23rd, 2017 21:00

If the 9370 is issue free, including absolutely zero coil whine and I'm ready to drop the cash and buy the *** thing.

1 Message

July 2nd, 2017 14:00

I love the Dell XPS 13, and I had the 9350 model (glossy screen), and 9360 model (matte screen) as well, but I had to return them both. Even if the screens on both of the models look nice, I could not use any of them for more than 30 minutes, because my eyes just could not handle these screens, and I really played around with the adjustments alot, but nothing worked.

I do not know why, or what is going on with these screens nowadays, but I had the same issue even with th the Dell Inspiron 13 7000 matte screen model.

I do have a 24" Dell LCD screen (U2412Mb) and I can use it even for 12 hours straight without any issues. I had some older Dell LCD monitors 15" and 17" before and they worked for me well.

I also have no problem with my Samsung Galaxy S7 phone or Sumsung Series 5 or 7 notebooks.

Honestly I do not mind to spend an extra  few hundred $ if I could have a bit better screen,

but for me none of the current Dell XPS 13 model or Inspiron 13 7000 screens work at all

Are you planing any new screens for the 9370 model?

Sincerely,

Gab

August 21st, 2017 10:00

Wanted to revive this thread now that the Intel 8th Gen processors have been officially announced.  Interested in any news / rumors on a next gen XPS 13 to adopt the new i7-8650U. "Intel says that the first wave of 8th generation Intel Core processor-powered devices will begin to roll out in September."  I'm hoping the XPS 13 is included in the first wave and wondering if it will be a redesign to address concerns like the webcam placement or just a simple refresh of new internals.

Thanks in advance to anyone that has insight!

19 Posts

August 29th, 2017 19:00

According to this link, 9/12/2017 is when the XPS 13 with the 8th Gen Core chip drops.

If true, I will be waiting until confirmation that there is absolutely zero coil whine.  And I am hopeful that that will be the case since this coil whine issue was supposedly escalated all the way to senior management.

August 29th, 2017 20:00

I hope it'll be available with Ubuntu soon. i7/16Gb RAM/FullHD/Ubuntu pleeease :)

1 Message

September 13th, 2017 08:00

Now that the new XPS is available on several countries, can we have more information about the developer edition? At least, there will be one?

6 Posts

September 14th, 2017 08:00

Just out of curiosity. Is it about small or tiny font sizes? I've recently purchased an XPS 13 9360 FHD (matte) display. I haven't used it many hours a day yet, but so far I haven't noticed anything weird regarding the screen, and I'm pretty picky about screens. The only concern was default font size. I had to adjust this to get readable text.

If it has something to do with font sizes, you can fix it.

29 Posts

September 21st, 2017 09:00

Re customer feedback - here is my $0.02:

Switch to a 16:10 screen please. More real estate & all the better for those switching from Apple laptops (as I did). It is the main thing I miss using the XPS13.

October 6th, 2017 19:00

Thanks for sharing, gallantus!

19 Posts

October 6th, 2017 19:00

It appears that the XPS 13 with the 8th gen intel chip that is currently available is simply a refresh.  As the 8th gen u chip  uses the same socket as the 7th gen and since Dell didn't seem to change the model number of 9360 to something else, there is a good chance that the BIOS was simply updated to support the new 8th gen chip and therefore it is likely that the coil whine issue has not been resolved.

However, it does look like the next XPS 13 is coming out 1st quarter of next year, perhaps, this one is the true 9370?  It seems, this new XPS 13 is thinner and with different connectivities/ports, and therefore, it is likely that the motherboard is redesigned and hopefully designed to fix the coil whine completely.

I will be waiting for that one to come out and see if anyone complains about the coil whine (or any other hardware issues).  So perhaps I won't be getting a laptop until Q2 of next year.

11 Posts

October 13th, 2017 07:00

I dread to think how much the new 9370 will cost. For me 512GB SSD is a minimum, and the 9360 costs around £1400 today. I bought my 9343 two years ago and cost a LOT less.

Might have to consider used. Does the 9350 also suffer from coil whine? Do all the 9360 suffer from coil whine?

19 Posts

October 13th, 2017 10:00

9350 suffers from coil whine.  Does all 9360 suffer from the coil whine?  I have read some reports that some are fine, but then again, some folks are more anal than others.

If 9370 doesn't have any major hardware issue like coil whine, it would be worth the money.  It's thinner than today's XPS 9360 with quad core option.  Consider cutting cost elsewhere as a good laptop will actually save you time and frustration.

October 13th, 2017 21:00

Hi. In current XPS13 you can swap SSD if it's only one your requirement

No Events found!