Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

1 Message

July 28th, 2022 10:00

Traceback Error after upgrade from 20.04 LTS to 22.04 LTS

After upgrade, there is a traceback error on boot up. From a recent post on a message board, it appears that the error message was because the version python package in DellLinuxAssistant was not compatible with Ubuntu 22.04 LTS. And, it was suggested that this DellLinuxAssitant could be removed using sudo apt remove dell-recovery dell-linux-assistant

I have removed the both dell-recovery and dell-linux-assistant and the traceback error has disappeared on boot up.

I would like to know the side effects of removing the above packages. Does Dell have the updated versions that can be downloaded and installed? Please suggest any other means to fix the issue.

I have included the Traceback error message here.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/dbus/service.py", line 715, in _message_cb
retval = candidate_method(self, *args, **keywords)
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/DellLinuxAssistant/telemetry/dbus_backend.py", line 375, in deal_message
QueueMessageClient(self.config, self.scheduler).LogLogMetricEvent("FRONTEND", "Dell Linux Assistant closes")
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/DellLinuxAssistant/telemetry/telemetry_common.py", line 300, in wrapper
return func(*args, **kw)
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/DellLinuxAssistant/telemetry/queue_message_client.py", line 107, in LogLogMetricEvent
return self.triggerSend(filePath, header, Schedule)
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/DellLinuxAssistant/telemetry/queue_message_client.py", line 51, in triggerSend
job = self.scheduler.add_interval_job(MessageHelper(self.configure).SendEvent, minutes=1, start_date=datetime.now()+timedelta(seconds=1), args=[filePath, header], max_runs=1)
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/ApschedulerStandalone/scheduler.py", line 347, in add_interval_job
return self.add_job(trigger, func, args, kwargs, **options)
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/ApschedulerStandalone/scheduler.py", line 285, in add_job
if not self.running:
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/ApschedulerStandalone/scheduler.py", line 148, in running
thread_alive = self._thread and self._thread.isAlive()
AttributeError: 'Thread' object has no attribute 'isAlive'

1 Message

September 9th, 2022 06:00

Same Problem. Help please

3 Posts

September 9th, 2022 13:00

Hi Srikran,

I too had this issue. It seems that the newer Python version in 22.04 LTS over 20.04 caused the issue. As seen in the PPA: https://launchpad.net/~somerville-dla-team/+archive/ubuntu/ppa , this issue seems to have been fixed in version 2.2.0550, however, the build failed for the new version, which is why it can't be installed or upgraded in 22.04 LTS. Fingers crossed on that this will be resolved soon by Dell.

I have already had contact with Dell about this issue, so I assume this means that they definitely know that this is affecting their customer's PC's.

Please note that I do not work for Dell, I am also just an owner of a Dell machine (XPS 13 Plus 9320).

Kind regards,

Andreas

1 Message

September 25th, 2022 05:00

Thanks @Andreas. for pointing into the right direction. The ppa now contains the fixed version. Works for me!

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

April 5th, 2024 14:51

@henningc​ Did you do any additional steps besides installing the new ppa repository?

No Events found!