Start a Conversation

Unsolved

T

45 Posts

March 3rd, 2021 00:00

Deleting discoveries from OMIMSSC

We are using version 7.2 of the OMIMSSC to integrate Dell Server monitoring into SCOM. We finally got some systems added and are receiving the iDRAC information ok in SCOM.

Unfortunately, I made a mistake and entered the wrong credentials for a discovery job. I now see TWO jobs run against that server:

Thorsten_S_1-1614760050206.png

But I do not see how I can remove the discovery  ?

Thorsten_S_0-1614759979504.png

I've also checked via the admin portal but there is no option either

Thanks
Thorsten

• 

3.2K Posts

March 3rd, 2021 06:00

Hi Thorsten,

here is the link to the Manual:

https://dell.to/384fGMu

Regards Martin

45 Posts

March 3rd, 2021 07:00

Hi Martin,

yes, I found that in the documentation. However, that is how to delete a complete system.

I need to just remove one scheduled task. Apparently there can be multiple discovery tasks for a system which doesn't really makes sense. As mentioned, I had provided wrong credentials and had to create another discovery for one system. Now I have to jobs running. There should be a way to remove the wrong one.

THanks
Thorsten

2.9K Posts

March 3rd, 2021 08:00

Looking at page 55 of the manual, I'm seeing this:

1. In OMIMSSC, do any of the following:
• In the navigation pane, click Maintenance Center, and then click Manage Jobs.
• In the navigation pane, click Jobs and Log Center, and then click Scheduled tab.
2. Select jobs that you want to cancel, click Cancel, and then to confirm, click Yes.

I'm not seeing another means of cancelling a job detailed.

45 Posts

March 4th, 2021 02:00

Hi Dylan,

yes, I found that in the documentation as well. However, there is no "Cancel" button on the Scheduled Jobs page:

Thorsten_S_0-1614855002027.png

Hency why my question. And I've tried both, the admin portal and the monitoring page via SCOM

45 Posts

March 4th, 2021 02:00

Update:

I decided to delete all monitored systems and to start over. But even after waiting for some time there are still six orphaned discoveries.

So, how to get rid of them ?

Thanks
Thorsten

45 Posts

March 4th, 2021 04:00

Hi Diego,

thank you for your reply. We are on v7.2.0.1434

Thorsten_S_0-1614860707135.png

I've tried to resize the window at different levels, but there is no "Cancel" button. Maximum screen resolution tried is 1900x1200

Are you sure there is a version 7.2.1 ? The latest I can find is 7.2. Please be aware that we are using OMIMSSC for OPERATIONS Manager.
* Dell EMC OpenManage Integration Version 7.2 for Microsoft System Center Operations Manager

Trying to use the built in Service Pack Update process gives this:

Thorsten_S_1-1614861100567.png

I was told by a support engineer that there will be a v7.3 released in July

Thorsten

4 Operator

• 

2.7K Posts

March 4th, 2021 04:00

Hello @Thorsten_S,

Please, can you confirm me if you are using version 7.2 or 7.2.1? Cold you please check and if proceed, update to 7.2.1? 

There must be an interface issue because the option to cancel scheduled tasks is well explained in the documentation. I will try to reach the system engineer team asking for some support. Maybe this option was deleted on the latest release.

In the middle time, please, check the version and also check there is not any kind of issue with how the software displays on your screen or remote connection (make sure the window cannot be expanded to reveal the buttons or something like this... sorry I know it's too basic but you never know). 

I will let you know once I got a response from the system engineer team.

Regards.

4 Operator

• 

2.7K Posts

March 4th, 2021 05:00

Yes, I think you are right, the 7.2.1 looks like is only for for integrate OMIMSSC with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM).

Thanks for checking display and resolution!

Ok, let's wait and see what answer I get from system engineers team.

I will keep you updated.

Regards.

46 Posts

March 5th, 2021 05:00

Ok, Yes I understand you. 

Are all the iDRAC IPs having different set of credentials?

regards,

Anjana

46 Posts

Hi @Thorsten_S 

You are using OMIMSSC for SCOM v7.2 right? There is no service pack update for OMIMSSC-SCOM v7.2

If the device credentials assigned in the discovery are wrong, you can edit the credentials. The discovery job will be scheduled to run and would succeed in the next run after updating the correct credentials.

Please follow below steps:

1. Login to the OpenManage Integration Dashboard in SCOM console and go to Profiles and Configurations (expand the left top corner arrow to view the names of each page) -> Credential Profiles

2. Select the device credential profile assigned to the job which is failing and  click "Edit"

3. You can now update the protocol (HTTPS/SNMP), user name, password, port number to the correct values and click finish. 

4. After this, the next run of the discovery job would be successful. 

Thanks and regards,

Anjana

45 Posts

Hi Anjana,

yes, you are correct and I can change a credential profile like that.

However, there is no way for me to see what server uses which credential profile. Once a server was added I cannot even look at the configured parameters. There should be at least to see the information that was entered when creating the initial discovery. Same goes for the scheduled discoveries. So the only option is to delete a server completely and then to add it again. But, the scheduled discoveries are left behind and seem to stay forever in the system.

We are planning to use this appliance to monitor 140 iDracs. So I need a reliable method to manage them.

Thanks
Thorsten

45 Posts

Most of the systems can be access using the same credentials. The goal is to eventually have them all configured the same. But there will be always new systems coming in, that might be different

45 Posts

March 17th, 2021 02:00

Hi @AnjanaRM 

have you got any more information on how to remove the scheduled jobs ?

Thanks
Thorsten

46 Posts

March 23rd, 2021 09:00

Hi @Thorsten_S 

My apologies for the delay in response. At present the way to delete the scheduled job is to delete the device(s) associated to it. In your case, one option is to modify the device credentials associated to the failing job so that it may succeed. We have taken your inputs and are tracking them as enhancements for future releases.

In case you have any additional technical issues please do reach out to the Dell Support. 

Thanks and regards,

Anjana 

No Events found!