Microsoft SCCM & SCOM OpenManage Integrations

Last reply by 11-16-2020 Unsolved
Start a Discussion
1 Copper
1 Copper

Drivers and utilities for DELL PowerEdge R6515

Hi ,

from the below link i can view the drivers and utility details , but i dont know which utilities to install 

driver required i can check in device manager for missing drivers and get the information 

but my question is ... is there a service pack which will install all the required drivers and utilities required for PowerEdge R6515   just like the way it is for HP Servers

https://www.dell.com/support/home/de-de?app=drivers

Thank you in advance 

Regards

Tanoj

Replies (7)

Tanoj,

You can use the Platform Specific Bootable ISO for the R6515, found here. From that tool you can see the existing versions as well as gives you the ability to select what to update. <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

Let me know if this helps. 

Chris Hawk
Social Media and Communities Professional
Dell Technologies | Enterprise Support Services
#Iwork4Dell

Did I answer your query? Please click on ‘Accept as Solution’
‘Kudo’ the posts you like!

Hi chris,

basically i am looking for a solution to push the drivers and utility via SCCM ,

is there a drivers bundle package which can be pushed via sccm and it installs the required drivers and utilities ?

or do we need to add each driver seperately in task sequence , if yes the please provide me the details of the required utilites,

drivers i will look in device manager whats missing and will create the packages 

Best Regards

Tanoj

Hello,

I know very little about SCCM, but I did run into a similar question not terribly long ago. Dell has OpenManage offerings that utilize SCOM, but not SCCM. We have other configuration management tools, but nothing that I would recommend when it comes to driver management.

#Iwork4Dell

HI,

so we need to create seperate packages ? , any idea about silent switches ?

also which utilities/dell applications should i install ?

Thank you!!!

Tanoj

If you're goal is to install missing drivers on this single system, I would look at OpenManage and the device manager to determine what is missing, then pull those from the support site. If you're looking for something related to SCCM, I'd have to point you to Microsoft's documentation. We don't support it, unfortunately.

#Iwork4Dell

Dear Dylan,

Thanks for answering to my question, i have one more question 

in general for PowerEdge servers with OS windows server 2019, which utilities are recommend  to be installed ? 

Thank you !!!

Tanoj

Hello @

I would consider Open Manage Server Administrator, as it is a tool that allows you to monitor and operate with your server's hardware.

Please, check this article: Support for Dell EMC OpenManage Server Administrator (OMSA)

Regards.

Diego López
Social Media and Communities Professional
Dell Technologies | Enterprise Support Services
#Iwork4Dell

Did I answer your query? Please click on ‘Accept as Solution’
‘Kudo’ the posts you like!
Top Contributor
Latest Solutions