Start a Conversation

Unsolved

T

1 Message

October 22nd, 2020 05:00

Drivers and utilities for DELL PowerEdge R6515

Hi ,

from the below link i can view the drivers and utility details , but i dont know which utilities to install 

driver required i can check in device manager for missing drivers and get the information 

but my question is ... is there a service pack which will install all the required drivers and utilities required for PowerEdge R6515   just like the way it is for HP Servers

https://www.dell.com/support/home/de-de?app=drivers

Thank you in advance 

Regards

Tanoj

• 

8.4K Posts

October 22nd, 2020 09:00

Tanoj,

You can use the Platform Specific Bootable ISO for the R6515, found here. From that tool you can see the existing versions as well as gives you the ability to select what to update. 

Let me know if this helps. 

2.9K Posts

November 6th, 2020 10:00

Hello,

I know very little about SCCM, but I did run into a similar question not terribly long ago. Dell has OpenManage offerings that utilize SCOM, but not SCCM. We have other configuration management tools, but nothing that I would recommend when it comes to driver management.

3 Posts

HI,

so we need to create seperate packages ? , any idea about silent switches ?

also which utilities/dell applications should i install ?

Thank you!!!

Tanoj

3 Posts

Hi chris,

basically i am looking for a solution to push the drivers and utility via SCCM ,

is there a drivers bundle package which can be pushed via sccm and it installs the required drivers and utilities ?

or do we need to add each driver seperately in task sequence , if yes the please provide me the details of the required utilites,

drivers i will look in device manager whats missing and will create the packages 

Best Regards

Tanoj

2.9K Posts

November 6th, 2020 12:00

If you're goal is to install missing drivers on this single system, I would look at OpenManage and the device manager to determine what is missing, then pull those from the support site. If you're looking for something related to SCCM, I'd have to point you to Microsoft's documentation. We don't support it, unfortunately.

3 Posts

November 15th, 2020 23:00

Dear Dylan,

Thanks for answering to my question, i have one more question 

in general for PowerEdge servers with OS windows server 2019, which utilities are recommend  to be installed ? 

Thank you !!!

Tanoj

4 Operator

• 

2.7K Posts

November 16th, 2020 01:00

Hello @

I would consider Open Manage Server Administrator, as it is a tool that allows you to monitor and operate with your server's hardware.

Please, check this article: Support for Dell EMC OpenManage Server Administrator (OMSA)

Regards.

No Events found!