Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 4th, 2012 07:00

Dell U2713 Backlight Leakage

I'm having an issue with my new Dell U2713. When in a dark room, the display is showing signs of leakage on the lower corners. The lower left corner is reddish while the lower right corner is grey. (see pictures). At $700, I am quite disappointed, especially when the 3 years old Dell UltraSharp 2408WFP next to it looks better in terms of blacks.

These pictures were taken in the dark at a little more than 2 feet from the screen.

Is there a real problem or is that typical from large displays?

565 Posts

December 4th, 2012 23:00

Hi Paco80,

Technical design differs from product to product, it can annoying though when this happens. Let’s run the diagnostics on the monitor. To run the built-in diagnostics please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Ensure that the screen is clean (no dust particles on the surface of the screen).
  2. Unplug the video cable(s) from the back of the computer or monitor. The monitor then goes into the self-test mode.
  3. Press and hold the Button 1 and Button 4 on the front panel, simultaneously for 2 seconds. A gray screen appears.
  4. Carefully inspect the screen for abnormalities.
  5. Press the Button 4 on the front panel again. The color of the screen changes to red.
  6. Inspect the display for any abnormalities.
  7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 to inspect the display in green, blue, black and white colored screens.

Kindly let me know the results.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

December 5th, 2012 09:00

Paco80,

* We do not validate our monitors in a dark room. We use standard office lighting

* Dell monitors do not have 100% backlight uniformity specification. As long as the center 2" circle meets our manufacturer specifications, it is acceptable

No Events found!